Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Take Command x64 15.01.55 Error: Update installation failed

May
TCC 15.01.54 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 54 Windows 7 Build 7601 Service Pack 1

Running the Updater from the TC 15.01 "Help" "Check for Updates" menu item appears to proceed normally but finishes with the following error message and with the version unchanged.
Code:
Take Command x64 15.01.55  Error: Update installation failed
If you repeat this process (I am easily amused ;)) Setup offers you three options (1) Add or Remove Features, (2) Repair, or (3) Remove. If you chose option 2 the setup appears to proceed normally but the Updater reports the same error on completion and the version is not changed. I assume that you can repeat this process ad infinitum but I got tired after three or four attempts! ;)

I did not yet try to update my TCMD 64, but the installer version reported by @VERINFO is 15.01.54, while the .aiu file reports 15.01.55. It is posible that this discrepancy stops the updater ...

Can you generate a Windows Installer log file and send it to [email protected]? Run the installer from the command line like this (you can download it from the web site):

Code:
tcmdx64.exe /l*v installer.log

Done "installer.log" emailed. After the apparently successful installation, an attempt to run tcmd from my usual shortcut produced the following System Error. ;)
Code:
tcmd.exe - System Error
The program can't start because ipworks9.dll is missing from
your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

FWIW I reran the downloaded tcmdx64.exe by starting it from Explorer and chose the Repair option. There was NO error message and tcmd now appears to start successfully from the shortcut. o_O
Code:
TCC  15.01.55 x64  Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright 2013 JP Software Inc.  All Rights Reserved
I hope that this installation procedure is not required for future updates! :)