1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TC11 - copy last cmd to bottom of history

Discussion in 'Support' started by ron, May 23, 2010.

1. ron

ron

I've got 'move to end' and 'save last' selected.

There is a command (batch file) named foo in my history. If I type foo on the command line, it is not added to the bottom of the history. If I execute foo from the list, it is moved to the bottom of my history list.

Is there a way to have recent commands always added to the bottom of the history list even if there is already a match in the history list?

2. vefatica

On Sun, 23 May 2010 16:15:14 -0400, ron <> wrote:

|I've got 'move to end' and 'save last' selected.
    |
    |There is a command (batch file) named foo in my history. If I type foo on the command line, it is not added to the bottom of the history. If I execute foo from the list, it is moved to the bottom of my history list.
    |
    |Is there a way to have recent commands always added to the bottom of the history list even if there is already a match in the history list?

I have the same options as you. No matter how I execute foo(.bat) (typed or
    recalled) I get a new entry at the end of the history list and any previous ones
    are deleted. It has behaved that way for many years. I have no idea why it's
    not the same for you.
    --
    - Vince

3. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Not reproducible here. What build are you running?

Rex Conn
    JP Software

4. Charles Dye

Charles Dye Super Moderator
    Staff Member

In the OPTION dialog, select the "Command Line" tab and make sure the Duplicates radio button is set to Off.

5. ron

ron

No difference. It was set to Last. I figured that would force it to add what I entered even if it existed in the history.

I'm using build 44 - oops.................problem gone in build 48. My bad for not checking that first.

Thanks everyone!