Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TC11 - copy last cmd to bottom of history

Aug
I've got 'move to end' and 'save last' selected.

There is a command (batch file) named foo in my history. If I type foo on the command line, it is not added to the bottom of the history. If I execute foo from the list, it is moved to the bottom of my history list.

Is there a way to have recent commands always added to the bottom of the history list even if there is already a match in the history list?

On Sun, 23 May 2010 16:15:14 -0400, ron <> wrote:

|I've got 'move to end' and 'save last' selected.
|
|There is a command (batch file) named foo in my history. If I type foo on the command line, it is not added to the bottom of the history. If I execute foo from the list, it is moved to the bottom of my history list.
|
|Is there a way to have recent commands always added to the bottom of the history list even if there is already a match in the history list?

I have the same options as you. No matter how I execute foo(.bat) (typed or
recalled) I get a new entry at the end of the history list and any previous ones
are deleted. It has behaved that way for many years. I have no idea why it's
not the same for you.
--
- Vince

> I've got 'move to end' and 'save last' selected.
>
> There is a command (batch file) named foo in my history. If I type foo
> on the command line, it is not added to the bottom of the history. If
> I execute foo from the list, it is moved to the bottom of my history
> list.
>
> Is there a way to have recent commands always added to the bottom of
> the history list even if there is already a match in the history list?

Not reproducible here. What build are you running?

Rex Conn
JP Software

I've got 'move to end' and 'save last' selected.

There is a command (batch file) named foo in my history. If I type foo on the command line, it is not added to the bottom of the history. If I execute foo from the list, it is moved to the bottom of my history list.

Is there a way to have recent commands always added to the bottom of the history list even if there is already a match in the history list?

In the OPTION dialog, select the "Command Line" tab and make sure the Duplicates radio button is set to Off.

In the OPTION dialog, select the "Command Line" tab and make sure the Duplicates radio button is set to Off.

No difference. It was set to Last. I figured that would force it to add what I entered even if it existed in the history.

I'm using build 44 - oops.................problem gone in build 48. My bad for not checking that first.

Thanks everyone!