Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? TCC 16.03: copy a file to the clipboard?

May
Using TCC 16.03, is it possible to copy a file (not the file content) to the clipboard, so that I can do a past in a directory for example?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Using TCC 16.03, is it possible to copy a file (not the file content) to the clipboard, so that I can do a past in a directory for example?
Maybe I chose the wrong example. I need to copy a file to the clipboard and then past it as an attachment into a message in outlook.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

If you want to GUI-pick the file,
Code:
echo %@getfile[...] > clip:

Thank You, but this command copies the filename, not the file itself.
If I run it and then switch to outlook, start a new message, do a paste, inside the message it appears the filename.
Instead, I would like to do a copy from TCC as if I had chose copy from the right click menu in windows explorer.
In that case, when I do paste in outlook, inside the message I get the file as an attachment.

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Do you mean the CF_HDROP format? I don't think anything in TCC does that, but I think that Take Command does. (I could be mistaken on both counts.)

My 4UTILS plugin has TODROP.
Code:
v:\> help todrop
TODROP /C(lear) | [/A(ppend)] file [file ...] - files to clipboard as CF_HDROP

My 4UTILS plugin has TODROP.
Code:
v:\> help todrop
TODROP /C(lear) | [/A(ppend)] file [file ...] - files to clipboard as CF_HDROP

Cool! I was going to say that it could be done through a plugin; but that seems churlish since I'm not interested in doing it myself.

Cool! I was going to say that it could be done through a plugin; but that seems churlish since I'm not interested in doing it myself.
Actually, you can paste the file name if you open Outlook's attachment dialog but pasting the CF_HDROP file right into the body of the message is easier.

There's also
Code:
v:\> droptoclip /?
Convert clipboard drop list to quoted FQ filename text
/S(paces) as separators (default newlines)

A trick I use when the file is in a large directory and difficult to pick graphically: from a TCC running under TCMD, I run a script that eventually performs
Code:
            cdd/to %@PATH[%$]
            tcfilter %@QUOTE[%@FILENAME[%$]]
Then the file shows alone in TCMD's File view and is easy to drag-and-drop.

From a TCC not running under TCMD, the script eventually performs
Code:
start /pgm "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe" /select,%$