Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tcc crashes

Jun
I have been experiencing a bunch of tcc.exe crashes. It only crashes periodically and not while I'm using it. It only crashes when run as a separate terminal not in TakeCommand. Here is the crash dump from Windows 10. I am using version 24, but have seen this with previous versions, too.

Faulting application name: tcc.exe, version: 24.2.49.0, time stamp: 0x5cac9d7d
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.17763.475, time stamp: 0x250a0626
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000013206
Faulting process id: 0x6dc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d526d1955fb7c1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD24\tcc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
Report Id: 06d0eeb0-0575-4f6d-8bcf-d968c38be58b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

If the crash occurred in TCC, you will have an exception log file (c:\ProgramData\\JP Software\\Take Command 24\tcc.exception.log). If you don't have that file, the crash occurred somewhere else (usually a third-party app that injected code into TCC, or sometimes an internal Windows error). If you have the log file, please send it to [email protected]. Without the log file (and the stack trace) it's pretty much impossible to guess what's going on.

As far as TCC is concerned, there isn't any difference when running in a stand-alone console or in a TCMD tab window. Are you running any plugins?

No exception log. I am not using any plugins. I have a bunch of these in my Windows Application log. What else can I check?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich