Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC defaults

Jul
I am able to bring TCMD defaults over from a backup if I need to do so, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the TCC window.

Is there a way to backup/restore those settings?

Chuck Billow

Last edited:
What defaults are you referring to? The ones in TCMD.INI (just copy the file), or the ones that Windows sets for the console properties? (You'll have to back up the Windows Registry, or at least the relevant parts.)

Rex, it's the font/layout/color etc. settings I'm talking about. Are these stored in the registry?

Chuck

OK, I'll take a look, Charles, although it looks a bit more involved than I was wanting to get into.

@Rex, that's weird. So if I go through and format the TCC window, where/how are those settinmgs saved because they don't carry over to any other window(s)?

OK, I'll take a look, Charles, although it looks a bit more involved than I was wanting to get into.

@Rex, that's weird. So if I go through and format the TCC window, where/how are those settinmgs saved because they don't carry over to any other window(s)?

Windows (specifically conhost) saves them in different places, depending on whether you're saving settings for the current console app or for all console apps. TCC isn't involved in any way.