TCC - Full Screen/History window conflict - workaround?

Sep 2, 2008
8
0
Scotland
I sometimes run 4NT full screen, i.e. start it up and press Alt-Enter. Works fine.

TCC has a problem with this mode because the history windows are graphical, not part of the console.

Is there a workaround? I couldn't see a setting for this in the help file.
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,315
148
djgibson wrote:

> I sometimes run 4NT full screen, i.e. start it up and press Alt-Enter.
> Works fine.
>
> TCC has a problem with this mode because the history windows are
> graphical, not part of the console.
>
> Is there a workaround? I couldn't see a setting for this in the help file.

There is no workaround because TCC does not support full-screen mode.
(Microsoft dropped support for full-screen consoles in Vista and Windows
Server 2008.)

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
Sep 2, 2008
8
0
Scotland
djgibson wrote:



There is no workaround because TCC does not support full-screen mode.
(Microsoft dropped support for full-screen consoles in Vista and Windows
Server 2008.)

Rex Conn
JP Software

Ok, thanks. I'm still running XP, didn't know that.
 
May 30, 2008
42
0
From: rconn
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: [Support-t-432] TCC - Full Screen/History window conflict -
workaround?

>
> (Microsoft dropped support for full-screen consoles in Vista and Windows
> Server 2008.)

That's not strictly true as I understand it. They made full-screen text
modes optional for video drivers. I believe some (many?) still support them.
I am certain I have seen full-screen text mode in Vista here at work.

Jonathan Gilbert
 

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
12,315
148
logic wrote:

> From: rconn
> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 8:57 PM
> Subject: RE: [Support-t-432] TCC - Full Screen/History window conflict -
> workaround?
>
> Quote:
> >
> > (Microsoft dropped support for full-screen consoles in Vista and Windows
> > Server 2008.)
>
> That's not strictly true as I understand it. They made full-screen text
> modes optional for video drivers. I believe some (many?) still support them.
> I am certain I have seen full-screen text mode in Vista here at work.

The old-style drivers (may) still support full-screen. The new mode
drivers will not.

Rex Conn
JP Software
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
fishman@panix.com Can I start TCC in full screen mode? Support 9
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT v28 Released Support 0
C How to? starting TCC/TCMD v25 Support 2
CWBillow TCC and TCMD in Powershell Support 6
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 27.01.24 uploaded Support 0
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 27.01.23 uploaded Support 0
Alpengreis Fixed Crash after copy dialog with big TCC.exception.log Support 5
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT v27.01 Build 22 Uploaded Support 0
L FTYPE in TCC, less quirky than in cmd.exe Support 3
V Set path permanently from within TCC? Support 3
DrusTheAxe Runaway TCC.exception.log filling drive Support 5
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 27.0.21 uploaded Support 0
Joe Caverly tcc.exception.log Support 3
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 27.0.20 uploaded Support 0
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 27.0.19 Support 0
FreezerBurnt Help making a CMD and TCC compatible batch file Support 7
vefatica SCRIPT ... TCC disappears Support 2
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT v27.0.18 Support 0
Jesse Heines Access Denied errors in TCC 27 Support 9
fpefpe How to? tcc inifile (%_ininame) Support 3
M How to? Black TCC Prompt Support 2
D Differences between TCC and CMD with COPY /b Support 4
M Oracle batch OPatch.bat.bat not working in TCC but correctly in CMD Support 5
Jay Sage Extra TCC Tasks Support 6
vefatica Can I turn off the minimize to tray mechanism in TCC? Support 5
N Command execution slows down in TCC Prompt after a while Support 6
R Upgrade TCMD 19 to TCC 26 Support 1
Joe Caverly Set a batch variable (%1 - %n) when TCC is executing a batch file Support 5
samintz How to? Is this doable in TCC? Support 2
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 26.02.41 Uploaded Support 0
D TCC tab detaching & restarting Support 3
Ó Recent git output not shown on TCC Support 1
P Kill all other instances of tcc from a btm batch file Support 2
L Using TCC.exe through an SSH connection Support 3
M TCC color issue in ConEmu Support 4
Alpengreis UTF-8 problem in TCC related to Python Support 7
Alpengreis Python support for 3.8.3 in TCC v26.x? Support 2
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 26.01.40 uploaded Support 0
Peter Murschall TCC V26.01.3x Debugging has problems with Alias /R Support 1
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 26.0.37 Uploaded Support 0
vefatica TCC waits for Office apps Support 4
Joe Caverly .BAT works in TCC-RT 25, but not in TCC-RT 26 Support 4
M Strange error messages from TCC in FTP copy Support 7
Kachupp Documentation tcc-rt versions Support 1
V Comments from a first-time user (TCC 26) Support 6
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT 26.0.28 Support 0
C TCC 26 BATCOMP BTM problems? Support 5
E TCC/CMD difference Support 5
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT Public Beta RC2 Support 0
rconn News Take Command / TCC / CMDebug / TCC-RT v26 Public Beta build 26.0.21 Support 0

Similar threads