Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC in Elevated mode?

Sep
Hi Team,
With TCC in Elevated mode, should I be able to do the same as cmd in Administrator mode?
If not, how do I get TCC to Administrator level pls?

Regards & TIA,
Ian

Hi Rex,
OK. So how come I can issue a Net Start 'servicename' in cmd in admin mode but it gets rejected in tcc? with error code 5 IIRC.
Ian

P.S. It might be nice to put 'Elevated Mode' or similar after the title in the window title just as a reminder/confirmation.

What's the difference between admin and elevated?

If I want to do admin stuff I usually start TCC with via a run_on_demand, run_with_the_highest_privileges, task. Occasionally I do it via explorer ... right click on TCC.EXE and choose Run as Administrator. Either way I can always start/stop services.

The first method mentioned above is convenient because it avoids the UAC prompt. Having created the task "TCCAdmin", the command I use is

Code:
schtasks /run /tn TCCAdmin

P.S. It might be nice to put 'Elevated Mode' or similar after the title in the window title just as a reminder/confirmation.

TCC does put "Administrator" or "Admin" in the title bar if you run it elevated.