Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC - Problem

Sep
Hello,

when i try to scan for filenames in the current directory using the F7-Key TCC v19/v18/v17 always crashes,
if there exists more then one file or directory.

C:\<F7> -> TCC->Crash

Andreas

F7 should pop up a dialog box if there's more than one match. It's possible that the dialog is appearing behind the main window; try Alt-Tab to see if you can bring it up...?

Hello,
Console1, Console2, ... always the same result TCC-stops working.

Attachments

• TCC-Fehler.jpg
    TCC-Fehler.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 213
That's odd.... It looks like it does create the popup, but hangs while filling it in, if I'm interpreting your picture correctly.

Does it work correctly if you run TCC by itself, i.e. not within Console?

Not reproducible here (on 6 systems), nor reported by anybody else -- so I suspect it's an oddity with your file system / directory structure. Do you have the same problem in all directories? Are you running any non-standard file system drivers?

Do a "dir > files.dat" in that directory and send the file to [email protected].

If it is a crash within TCC, you will have a file "c:\ProgramData\JP Software\\Take Command x64 19.0\TCC.exception.log". Email that file to [email protected]. If you have a crash and you *don't* have that file, then it's crashing in third-party code (probably a dll injected into TCC by another process). The only way to track that down is to selectively disable things like your antivirus, screen manager, network drivers, etc. until you isolate the problem code.