Done TCC User/Administrator level in title bar

Aug 19, 2009
I would like TCC and TCC/LE to show whether they are started at user level or privileged level by default.

I know this feature can be achieved by setting the title in the 4start script using the _ELEVATED variable. But it would be very nice, if this information was set in the title bar by default (like CMD.exe does). Also the _ELEVATED variable is not available in TCC/LE (for some reason).

Best regards
Ernst Mikkelsen
EM-Soft

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
I would like TCC and TCC/LE to show whether they are started at user level or privileged level by default.

I know this feature can be achieved by setting the title in the 4start script using the _ELEVATED variable. But it would be very nice, if this information was set in the title bar by default (like CMD.exe does). Also the _ELEVATED variable is not available in TCC/LE (for some reason).

TCC/LE's feature set was frozen a couple of years ago, and it will never get any new variables, functions, or commands (unless they're necessary to emulate new commands in CMD.EXE).

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:58:42 -0400, erpomik <> wrote:

|I know this feature can be achieved by setting the title in the 4start script using the _ELEVATED variable. But it would be very nice, if this information was set in the title bar by default (like CMD.exe does). Also the _ELEVATED variable is not available in TCC/LE (for some reason).

I, for one, don't want it to be my default.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Joe Caverly Have TCMD/TCC support registered version of V Suggestions 12
R Talk to Amazon about having TCC-RT available on AWS Suggestions 0
Joe Caverly Launch TCC Tab with different date/time Suggestions 0
R Option to add tcc to Bash profile Suggestions 1
mfarah Declined Implement an "Add TCC to the task bar" in the TCMD installer. Suggestions 2
L Done Suggestion for TCC 'ver' command Suggestions 8
R TCC instance-specific clipboard Suggestions 0
M Declined DST date difference explorer/TCC Suggestions 2
Joe Caverly Declined 32-bit out-of-process servers from 64-bit TCC via PSHELL Suggestions 0
A [TCC-RT] Console-less script runner Suggestions 3
Joe Caverly Add a "Snippet" Menu to CMDebug and TCC Debugger Suggestions 0
Joe Caverly Add example .BTM code to TCC Debugger and CMDebug Suggestions 1
thorntonpg Done Goto folder in file explorer from the current directory in the tcc prompt Suggestions 7
R Done System variable with TCC folder path Suggestions 8
rps TCC/TCMD instance expansion - TCC/TCMD info functions Suggestions 2
M TCC Install Updates Taskbar Link Suggestions 1
R Done Switch between TCC and RT on same PC Suggestions 1
rps Done TCC count internal variable Suggestions 12
G Declined make tcc being more "4dos" and win x64 faster Suggestions 7
rconn Some ideas related to TCC instances (limit, enumerate etc) Suggestions 0
rconn Declined Allow TC/TCC direct access to WinSock and other networking Suggestions 0
rconn Done extend tcc file format Suggestions 0
Roedy Done TCC Window title Suggestions 0
newbie Done Remove TCC from Cntrl-Pnl Recommended list Suggestions 10
R Declined REQ: Fullscreen mode for tcc. Suggestions 12
R Declined TCC on a stick & PortableApps Suggestions 0
nickles Declined FR: New icon for TCC Suggestions 1
M Done Add a update command to TCC Suggestions 2
Joe Caverly User-Defined Font Size for Dialogs Suggestions 2
R User-created extended help (probably in a text file): DIRHISTORY /?x Suggestions 10
rconn In the Help tab let the user add links either to files or web pages, with an icon & label. Suggestions 0
M Done Show Administrator in the window title when launched as ADMIN under Windows7/Vista Suggestions 1