Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCC with specific @inifile for new tabs

May
Hi,

Is there a way to make TCC-instances started as new tabs (via File - New Tab) use a specific INI-file?

I tried to set the COMSPEC in TCMD like this:

COMSPEC="c:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD10\tcc.exe" /@c:\user\TCMDProfile\TCMD.ini

But this still uses the TCMD.INI file in %localappdata.

Is there maybe another way to achieve this? Or did I make a mistake with the COMSPEC setting?

Now that I think of it, I did include an extra command in the COMSPEC in v9.

COMSPEC was then: "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD10\tcc.exe" /K "cdd %USERPROFILE%"

It is still the same in v10, but now all new tabs start in c:\windows\system32 instead of the profile directory.

So this seems to be a regression in v10, or was v9 too liberal with interpreting the COMSPEC?

nikbackm wrote:

>
> Is there a way to make TCC-instances started as new tabs (via File - New Tab) use a specific INI-file?
>
> I tried to set the COMSPEC in TCMD like this:
>
> COMSPEC="c:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD10\tcc.exe" /@c:\user\TCMDProfile\TCMD.ini
>
> But this still uses the TCMD.INI file in %localappdata.
>
> Is there maybe another way to achieve this? Or did I make a mistake with the COMSPEC setting?

I'm unable to reproduce the problem -- that syntax works fine here for
starting a new tab with the specified TCMD.INI.

Rex Conn
JP Software

nikbackm wrote:

> Now that I think of, I did include an extra command in the COMSPEC in v9.
>
> COMSPEC was then: "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD10\tcc.exe" /K "cdd %USERPROFILE%"
>
> It is still the same in v10, but now all new tabs start in c:\windows\system32 instead of the profile directory.
>
> So this seems to be a regression in v10, or was v9 too liberal with interpreting the COMSPEC?

The problem is with the quotes in the TCC.EXE name in COMSPEC; it has
been fixed for build 56 (not released yet).

Rex Conn
JP Software