Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tcedit ist not run in tc 24 file explorer

Feb
If I want to start from TC 24 the integrated editor "tcedit.exe" both from the toolbar or directly from the file explorer, it will not start. there is also no error message or similar.

If I want to start from TC 24 the integrated editor "tcedit.exe" both from the toolbar or directly from the file explorer, it will not start. there is also no error message or similar.
I'm running TC v24 under Windows 10 [Version 10.0.17763.316] x64.
Tcedit works when invoked directly from a TCC console, file explorer, or from the TCMD "Tools" menu.

What version of Windows are you running?

the log file information from tcedit =
[2019/02/25 23:43:22.337] d:\takecommand24\editor\tcedit.cpp:228 CTCEditorApp::InitInstance() Unexpected exception
my install directory from Tkcommand is:
C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD24\

the log file information from tcedit =
[2019/02/25 23:43:22.337] d:\takecommand24\editor\tcedit.cpp:228 CTCEditorApp::InitInstance() Unexpected exception
my install directory from Tkcommand is:
C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD24\
I have been off-line for a while.

Not sure what the tcedit.cpp log entry means. An Everything search for "tcedit.cpp" comes up blank on my system.

By now I assume you have solved your tcedit issue?
If not, the only thing I could suggest is to totally uninstall v24 and reinstall a fresh download of the latest version.

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I could not solve the problem with TEDIT!
I have also installed the latest version of TakeCommand (24.02.44) x64. However, TEDIT still can not start.
Unfortunately, no idea why this could be.
Greetings Gerry

Thank you for your reply. I have entered in the registry under the key you mentioned no key with serial number! Have also in directory Program Data the file TakeCommand.24.key in which a key is removed. However tcedit is not running yet!