Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCEXIT not called since TCC v9

I am using a small TCEXIT.BTM script -- it checks that I have left no USB memory stick connected and no diskette in the drive, and possibly prints a message.

Since TCC v9 (I tested several versions), it does not work any more on my home machine. It still works perfectly on my machine in the office. And in works on both machines at home and in the office in version TCMD and 4NT v8 and before.

Both machines have Windows XP SP2 installed.

I had a look with SysInternals' ProcessMonitor. On my home machine, one does not see TCC trying to open a TCEXT.* file before the threads and the process terminate (whereas one sees many accesses to a TCSTART.* file when starting, it tries several extensions in turn: .com, .exe, .btm, .bat, .cmd (I don't remember the exact order)).

I am using a small TCEXIT.BTM script -- it checks that I have left no USB memory stick connected and no diskette in the drive, and possibly prints a message.

Since TCC v9 (I tested several versions), it does not work any more on my home machine. It still works perfectly on my machine in the office. And in works on both machines at home and in the office in version TCMD and 4NT v8 and before.

Both machines have Windows XP SP2 installed.

I had a look with SysInternals' ProcessMonitor. On my home machine, one does not see TCC trying to open a TCEXT.* file before the threads and the process terminate (whereas one sees many accesses to a TCSTART.* file when starting, it tries several extensions in turn: .com, .exe, .btm, .bat, .cmd (I don't remember the exact order)).

A few thoughts:

Make sure you're executing the TCC you think you're executing. Start that one and do OPTION ... go to the "startup" tab and make sure TCSTART / TCEXIT Path names a directory containing your start/exit files. Putsomething obvious in the exit file that will tell you it's being executed; for example,

echo EXITING NOW
pause

JP Software Forums" <[email protected]>; "vefatica wrote:
|
|
| I am using a small TCEXIT.BTM script -- it checks that I have left no
| USB memory stick connected and no diskette in the drive, and possibly
| prints a message.

On my system 4EXIT.BTM and TCEXIT.BTM are the same (hard linked), and -
among other things - adds a line to a usage log. The same one is called from
all available versions of TCC, 4NT, and TCMD, and they all work correctly
here- WinXP SP3. Your problem may be that the exit program is not found.
--
Steve

A few thoughts:

Make sure you're executing the TCC you think you're executing. Start that one and do OPTION ... go to the "startup" tab and make sure TCSTART / TCEXIT Path names a directory containing your start/exit files. Putsomething obvious in the exit file that will tell you it's being executed; for example,

echo EXITING NOW
pause

I checked a few things: I have only one version of TCC v9 installed (TCC 9.02.152) (in order to test with other versions of TCC v9, I had to uninstall and reinstall the other versions), TCSTART.btm and TCEXIT.btm are in the same directory as TCC.exe, in options "Path to TCSTART / TCEXIT" is empty; TCSTART.btm is executed (I would notice immediately if all the aliases etc. were missing); if the problem were that TCC does not find TCEXIT, SysInternals' ProcessMonitor would show this fact (on my machine at the office, I clearly see "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.*", "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.com", "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.exe", "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.btm", then "CreateFile"(Windows function that open the file)/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.BTM"; on my home machine I don't see such lines).

I checked a few things: I have only one version of TCC v9 installed (TCC 9.02.152) (in order to test with other versions of TCC v9, I had to uninstall and reinstall the other versions), TCSTART.btm and TCEXIT.btm are in the same directory as TCC.exe, in options "Path to TCSTART / TCEXIT" is empty; TCSTART.btm is executed (I would notice immediately if all the aliases etc. were missing); if the problem were that TCC does not find TCEXIT, SysInternals' ProcessMonitor would show this fact (on my machine at the office, I clearly see "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.*", "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.com", "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.exe", "QueryDirectory"/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.btm", then "CreateFile"(Windows function that open the file)/"[...]\JPsoft9\TCEXIT.BTM"; on my home machine I don't see such lines).

Open your .INI file in a text editor and search for a line "ExitFile=No". If you find this directive, remove it.

Open your .INI file in a text editor and search for a line "ExitFile=No". If you find this directive, remove it.

Thanks, this was the problem.

I don't know how I managed to have this directive in the file. Then I had to remove the directive from the TCMD.INI in %APPDATA (and delete the old 4NT.INI and TCMD32.INI files in the directory where TCC is stored).