Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 10.00.57 crashes for want of python26.dll

Aug
I downloaded and installed the latest version today and am having trouble running Python scripts. To produce the problem, take the following steps:

1. Use the OPTION command to enable internal support for Python.
  2. Run any python (*.py) script at the command line.
What you'll get is a crash with the error message: "TCC: (Sys) DLL not found: python26.dll" Please let me know if I can help in fixing the issue.

Phileosophos wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the latest version today and am having trouble running Python scripts. To produce the problem, take the following steps:
>
> 1. Use the OPTION command to enable internal support for Python.
> 2. Run any python (*.py) script at the command line.
>
> What you'll get is a crash with the error message: "TCC: (Sys) DLL not found: python26.dll" Please let me know if I can help in fixing the issue.

Do you have Python 2.6 installed?

Rex Conn
JP Software

Phileosophos wrote:

Do you have Python 2.6 installed?

Rex Conn
JP Software

I read the feature description, which says: "Added internal support for Python (.py). You must enable Python in the OPTION / Startup dialog." Seeing as how it's described as internal led me to believe that it was internal to TakeCommand and not something I needed to install separately. You may want to change that feature list to make it clear that Python is, in fact, external and not internal. Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can get it working. I have Python 3.x installed at the moment, so I'll have to see about finding/installing the older version.

Phileosophos wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by rconn)---
> Phileosophos wrote:
>
> Do you have Python 2.6 installed?
>
> I read the feature description, which says: "Added internal support for Python (.py). You must enable Python in the OPTION / Startup dialog." Seeing as how it's described as internal led me to believe that it was internal to TakeCommand and not something I needed to install separately. You may want to change that feature list to make it clear that Python is, in fact, external and not internal. Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can get it working. I have Python 3.x installed at the moment, so I'll have to see about finding/installing the older version.

If you're referring to the "What's New" section in the help, that's not
the docs, just a (very) brief mention of new features.

See the "Python Support" section in the online help for details.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Phileosophos wrote:

If you're referring to the "What's New" section in the help, that's not
the docs, just a (very) brief mention of new features.

See the "Python Support" section in the online help for details.

Rex Conn
JP Software

I completely understand that it's not the docs. It is, however, text that gets used to entice new customers to upgrade. As such, it should match the docs, don't you think?

Phileosophos wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by rconn)---
> Phileosophos wrote:
>
> If you're referring to the "What's New" section in the help, that's not
> the docs, just a (very) brief mention of new features.
>
> See the "Python Support" section in the online help for details.
>
> Rex Conn
> JP Software
> ---End Quote---
>
> I completely understand that it's not the docs. It is, however, text that gets used to entice new customers to upgrade. As such, it should match the docs, don't you think?

I don't think that anyone would be thrilled at having to read through a
hundred pages of "What's New"!

Rex Conn
JP Software