Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 15 beta installer

Jan
After having been corrected in build 29 of TCMD 14 in July 2012, the problem has returned in TCMD 15. When performing an upgrade, the installer doesn't point to the previously installed location. The installer wants to install to "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15". My installation is at "C:\MyProgramFiles\JPSoft\TCMD15".

That's in Microsoft's code. (People have been complaining about that forever -- but it also depends on whether you tell the installer to overwrite previous versions.)
The choice of location comes before the uninstall choices. Mine defaults to the canonical location. IIRC, v14 defaults to my current install location.

After having been corrected in build 29 of TCMD 14 in July 2012, the problem has returned in TCMD 15. When performing an upgrade, the installer doesn't point to the previously installed location. The installer wants to install to "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15". My installation is at "C:\MyProgramFiles\JPSoft\TCMD15".
In my case, I simply use the drop down menu and I choose the second line, that is where I have TakeCommand in a customized path. The first line, the "default", also in my case is C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15".

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

In my case, I simply use the drop down menu and I choose the second line, that is where I have TakeCommand in a customized path. The first line, the "default", also in my case is C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15".

Regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
That's what I do too but I'm remembering (perhaps wrongly) not having to do that with v14.