Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 16 and Windows XP

Jan
I'm at home over the holidays until January 6th when I return to work. I've read the "What's New", but didn't see anything about XP support being dropped. Does TCMD 16 support 32 bit Windows XP? I run Windows 8 at home, but my work computer still runs Windows XP (not my choice) and that is where I primarily use TCMD.

Chapter 1 of the documentations says...
Take Command is designed for Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Server 2012, and is available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

but I'd like to verify since dropping XP support has been mentioned in the past.

Last edited:
I'm at home over the holidays until January 6th when I return to work. I've read the "What's New", but didn't see anything about XP support being dropped. Does TCMD 16 support 32 bit Windows XP?

I don't know, and have no interest in finding out. Other beta testers have reported that (most) features still work in XP, but we're dropping official XP support as of v16. I'm still compiling with the XP support kludge enabled in Visual Studio, but that'll get turned off at some point.