Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 16: double characters

Jan
Hi,

I've just updated TCMD 12.11.74 to TCMD 16.00.36 x64, but can't work with it:

Every character that I type at the tcmd prompt is doubled:
I type "dir", see "ddiirr" and get the answer "TCC: unknown command "ddiirr" "
(in fact "TCC: Unbekannter Befehl "ddiirr" ").
At the same time in another window TCMD 12.11 still works fine.
Program directory is C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD16x64
TCMD.INI is in C:\Users\Kynast\AppData\Local\JPSoft

What can I do?

I have never seen such a funny thing since I started with 4DOS 2 in 1989 :-)

I saw that once, and chased it down to the "Splitter Windows" option ("Options" menu, Take Command, "Tabs" tab, last tick box in the "Windows" section). But I can't reproduce it now....

What operating system are you using?

I saw that once, and chased it down to the "Splitter Windows" option ("Options" menu, Take Command, "Tabs" tab, last tick box in the "Windows" section). But I can't reproduce it now....

What operating system are you using?

Win7-64 SP1.

In the german version I cannot find a "Tabs" tab in the "Fenster"/"Windows" section and nothing like "Splitter" in TCMD.INI.

But don't worry, the problem seems to be gone - by closing and reopening TCMD :-)
So for the moment let's put it in the "unexplainableonetimeerrors" folder ;-)

By the way - Saturday evening and an answer within 11 Minutes - I'm really impressed!

Win7-64 SP1.

In the german version I cannot find a "Tabs" tab in the "Fenster"/"Windows" section and nothing like "Splitter" in TCMD.INI.

But don't worry, the problem seems to be gone - by closing and reopening TCMD :)
So for the moment let's put it in the "unexplainableonetimeerrors" folder ;-)

By the way - Saturday evening and an answer within 11 Minutes - I'm really impressed!

I've entered this problem again two or three times :-( I have still no idea under which circumstances this happens.
But as long as closeing and restarting TCMD solves it ... ;-)

I have the same problem, except every character appears three times. This is on a ThinkPad W520 with Windows 8.1 x64 US English.

I updated to the latest TC16 v16.00.36. Restarting TCMD doesn't help, rebooting the computer doesn't help.

I'm just glad I left TC15 on the machine instead of uninstalling it!

Would be happy to help with any troubleshooting or debugging, since TC16 isn't working at all for me.

I can't reproduce that here, but there's one logical place where it could be happening.

I've uploaded a test version (x64 only) to:

http://jpsoft.com/downloads/v16/tcmdx64_39.exe

Please download that build and let me know if you can still reproduce the duplicate characters.

Rex, thanks for posting that update, it seems to work perfectly.

No repeated characters, or as we used to say, "all good things, and no bad things!"

In case this helps, here's something very interesting about the broken version(s). When it repeated characters, it was simultaneously sending those same characters to a different window. In one case, I had TCMD 16 and 15 open, and typing into the TCMD16 window it would also echo the same text into the TCMD15 window. Another time, I had Komodo IDE running under the TCMD16 window, and when I typed into TCMD16, the Enter key was getting echoed down into Komodo (but not other keys). Very strange and interesting behavior.

Also, I think I was running the x86 version of TCMD16 when this was happening. (Not sure why I was using that instead of x64.) I will do some more testing with both versions and report back. But looks good so far, thanks!

-Mike

TCMD v16 has a new feature that allows you to send characters to the current tab window and other console windows (that you select from a popup dialog). It appears that one of the Windows APIs was not working correctly (resulting in multiple messages being sent to the current window).

No double character problems.

From your response I take the hint that I should certainly keep B38 until there is an announcement otherwise...