Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed TCMD tab horizontal scroll bar

May
TCMD is configured not to show the folder and list views. When I start it, there are 100 columns in the TCC tab, there is no horizontal scrol bar, and lines wrap at 100 characters (all's well).

If I choose View\Folder and List Views, those views appear, the tab window shrinks to 75 columns, wrapping happens after 80 characters (making 5 characters outside the visible portion of the tab window), and no horizontal scroll bar appears.

If I then View\Folder and List Views again, those views disappear, the tab window goes back to 100 columns and wrapping works correctly again. But now there's a (useless) horizontal scroll bar.

I think you probably want to be using autohide for the Folder and List views. (That won't affect your existing tab window size.) Resizing your console windows is generally bad for existing windows, as it's not possible to resize them without either destroying their contents or truncating the lines.

Last edited:
The part about not showing the scrollbar when you shrink the window is a bug in the framework library; I will fix that for the next build. (You're only supposed to get a horizontal scrollbar when you resize < 80 characters, which is the minimum console size.)

The part about having the useless scrollbar when you increase the size is WAD, as (1) if you did it once you're apt to do it again, and (2) it really mucks up displaying existing content when you keep adding & taking away the rows.

I think you probably want to be using autohide for the Folder and List views. (That won't affect your existing tab window size.) Resizing your console windows is generally bad for existing windows, as it's not possible to resize them without either destroying their contents or truncating the lines.
It's TCMD that's resizing them, not me.