Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD/TCC Feature Request...

I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask for this, but I have a request for a new "feature" in Take Command/TCC. I have very poor eyesight, and I either have to increase the font sizes in the applications I use or use the Windows "Magnifier" program in order to read text on the screen. This is not a major problem for me because most applications allow the user to change the font/font size, but, unfortunately for me, TCMD/TCC does not, as far as I can tell, have this ability. I don't really need the option to change the font, a fixed-width font is fine. But I do really need to be able to change the font size (and it would be nice if the TCMD/TCC windows grew larger to fit). Frankly, the "Magnifier" program is a pain in the **** for a whole lot of reasons, and I only use it because I have to.

Again, just a request...

- Dan Mathews

> I'm not sure that this is the right place to ask for this, but I have a
> request for a new "feature" in Take Command/TCC. I have very poor
> eyesight, and I either have to increase the font sizes in the
> applications I use or use the Windows "Magnifier" programin in order to
> read text on the screen. This is not a major problem for me because
> *most* applications allow the user to change the font/font size, but,
> unfortunately for me, TCMD/TCC does not, as far as I can tell, have
> this ability. I don't really need the option to *change* the font, a
> fixed-width font is fine. But I *do* really need to be able to change
> the font *size* (and it would be nice if the TCMD/TCC windows grew
> larger to fit). Frankly, the "Magnifier" program is a pain in the ****
> for a whole *lot* of reasons, and I only use it because I have to.

If you're in a Take Command tab window, hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys and
roll the mouse wheel to change the font size.

You can also click on Options / Configure Take Command / Tabs and click on
the Font button to select the font and size.

To change the font in a stand-alone TCC window, click on the icon in the
title bar and select Properties.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Thanks, Rex! I spent quite a bit of time looking for it but didn't find it, maybe because of my poor vision, maybe because it was on the "Tabs" panel rather than the "Windows" panel :), maybe both. BTW, I've seen several references to a "mouse wheel" in you documentation, but this is a laptop and has neither a mouse nor a "mouse wheel". (As you may expect, it only has a touchpad.) Is there a "mouse wheel" equivalent with a touch pad?

BTW, I've seen several references to a "mouse wheel" in you documentation, but this is a laptop and has neither a mouse nor a "mouse wheel". (As you may expect, it only has a touchpad.) Is there a "mouse wheel" equivalent with a touch pad?

If there were "Enlarge text" and "Reduce text" items under the View menu, you could bind keystrokes to them. Unfortunately, there are no such menu items. Perhaps in some future version?

Is there a "mouse wheel" equivalent with a touch pad?
It depends on the driver for the touch pad. I have an older (2002) Toshiba laptop with an ALPS touch pad, and the "mouse wheel" function is obtained by running your finger up and down the far right hand side. The configuration for that is in the mouse control panel app.