Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD v12 - how to make it remember position and settings?

May
With TCMD v11, once I had put it into my desired position (bottom right corner of my screen), defined its size, and turned off all the annoying stuff I don't need (View / Folders, View / Command Input) etc., TCMD will rememer those and come up the same way the next time around.

TCMD v12 does **NOT** remember those things, and I can't seem to find any setting to make it understand that I **DON'T** want the "Folder and List View" nor the "Command Input" and all that stuff - and it doesn't remember the size and position of its window either......

This is rather annoying ..... why doesn't this work anymore in v12 ?? I'm very close to downgrading to v11 again so I get back that behavior.......

Setup: Windows 7 Professional, x64 - TCMD v12.0 Build 36 x64

With TCMD v11, once I had put it into my desired position (bottom right corner of my screen), defined its size, and turned off all the annoying stuff I don't need (View / Folders, View / Command Input) etc., TCMD will rememer those and come up the same way the next time around.

TCMD v12 does **NOT** remember those things, and I can't seem to find any setting to make it understand that I **DON'T** want the "Folder and List View" nor the "Command Input" and all that stuff - and it doesn't remember the size and position of its window either......

This is rather annoying ..... why doesn't this work anymore in v12 ?? I'm very close to downgrading to v11 again so I get back that behavior.......

Setup: Windows 7 Professional, x64 - TCMD v12.0 Build 36 x64

Not reproducible here (and if it were a general problem I'd have gotten a LOT of complaints, not just one!).

TCMD saves its positioning info in the registry (HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 12), so you've probably got something blocking the write.

Not reproducible here (and if it were a general problem I'd have gotten a LOT of complaints, not just one!).

TCMD saves its positioning info in the registry (HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 12), so you've probably got something blocking the write.

I fiddled with the registry, basically restoring all the v11 settings - now it works just fine. I still don't understand why TCMD v12 wasn't able to write into the registry - it's the same machine, same user account, same "Run As Administrator" setting........ weird......