TCMD12 Beta Expired, TCMD11 will not run

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
#1
Hi,
The Take Command 12 Beta Expired today. I clicked on order, but it took me to a page to order Take Command 11.

I un-installed Take Command 12 Beta, and then tried to run Take Command 11, of which I have a registered copy.

It says that "This trial version of Take Command has expired!"

So, I recalled my email from October 31, 2009, with my V11 User Name and Key. After putting in the User Name and Key, it still says "This trial version of Take Command has expired!"

I tried launching TCMD from Explorer, from the TCMD11 folder, but get the same thing.

So, being unable to run Take Command 11, I tried Take Command 10.

Take Command 10 still works, showing the "Registered to Joe Caverly - 1 System License" after startup.

I'm running Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3.

I'll be purchasing TCMD12 when available, but I'd still like to use TCMD11.

Please advise.

Joe
 
#3
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 14:41, Joe Caverly <> wrote:


> Â*It says that "This trial version of Take Command has expired!"
It's been discussed before.

You must go to your TCMD11 directory and run

regsvr32 isLicense40.dll

If you're on Vista or later, you must do this from a CMD running as
administrator.

Â* Â* Juanma
 
Jun 2, 2008
284
1
Newton, MA
#4
After installing build 29 of TCMD12 for the 64-bit version of Windows
7 and attempting to run it, I get a pop-up window offering me the
choices of ordering a copy, registering the copy, or exiting. None of
these can be used.

Even worse, now I cannot run TCMD11 either.

On 10/17/2010 9:25 AM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> You must go to your TCMD11 directory and run
>
> regsvr32 isLicense40.dll
>
> If you're on Vista or later, you must do this from a CMD running as
> administrator.
This does not seem to work under Win7x64. Can anyone tell me how to fix
this?

It is perhaps a sorry state of affairs, but without TCMD/TCC, I
basically cannot use my computer!

-- Jay
 
Jun 2, 2008
284
1
Newton, MA
#6
On 10/17/2010 11:55 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> It did work for me on Win7 x64. How does it fail for you?
The command "regsvr32 isLicense40.dll" generated an error message.

I'm not sure what happened, but after reinstalling TCMD11 (even though I
don't think I had uninstalled it), it suddenly started working (whew!).
Now I'm afraid to try installing TCMD12 until another version comes out.
Something was not right with that release.

-- Jay
 
#7
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 08:06, Jay Sage <> wrote:


> The command "regsvr32 isLicense40.dll" generated an error message.
But did you run it as Administrator?


> I'm not sure what happened, but after reinstalling TCMD11 (even though I
> don't think I had uninstalled it), it suddenly started working (whew!).
> Now I'm afraid to try installing TCMD12 until another version comes out.
> Something was not right with that release.
It's not a failure (though it is not nice). Uninstalling TCMD12 just
unregistered the isLicense DLL.

Â* Â* Juanma
 
#8
On 10/17/2010 11:55 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:


The command "regsvr32 isLicense40.dll" generated an error message.

I'm not sure what happened, but after reinstalling TCMD11 (even though I
don't think I had uninstalled it), it suddenly started working (whew!).
Now I'm afraid to try installing TCMD12 until another version comes out.
Something was not right with that release.

-- Jay
I installed;

Code:
10/17/2010  16:40       7,304,968  tcmd.exe
from ftp://jpsoft.com/beta/ and it just gives me the message box "Take Command Trial Expired!", along with the options to Order Register, or Exit. I can, however, still run TCMD11 with no problems on my XP SP3 system.

Joe