Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD TCMD's drawing of recalled command

May
My only history setting is "Move to end".
If I execute "echo foo" and then, perhaps several times, press
Code:
"e" <Up> Enter
to re-execute the command, sooner or later, TCMD will not draw the entire command. After the <Up> the current command line will show 1 character (I've also seen 0), with the caret in position 9. <Enter> will execute "echo foo" again. Below, it happened the third time I pressed "e" <Up>.
upload_2015-12-29_14-45-29.png

upload_2015-12-29_14-48-44.png

Here's another where, after interrupting the ping, I pressed "p" <Up> to execute it again.

upload_2015-12-29_14-52-31.png

I tried for about 15 minutes to make that happen with v18 and v16. I could not.

I tried this 250 times and was unable to reproduce it. The video drawing code is the same in v18 & v19.

It pretty much has to be either a Windows API failure or a video driver bug. Given your disinclination to update either, it would be hard to pin down. Try detaching the tab and see if it appears correctly in the console window. If not, it's a conhost or video driver problem.

Last edited:
It looks OK in the console after it's detached. I couldn't duplicate it on lucky (via RD). There's a gadget in one of my plugins that tries to keep the cursor off the last line of the visible rectangle. I'll try (later) disabling that to see if it's causing the problem.

There's a gadget in one of my plugins that tries to keep the cursor off the last line of the visible rectangle. I'll try (later) disabling that to see if it's causing the problem.
Apparently that was it. Without that gadget, I can't duplicate the problem.

Wasn't it possible (a very long time ago) to set the scrolling region with an ANSI escape sequence? ... or maybe I'm thinking of C-kermit, kermit-95, or some UNIX shell ... ???