Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD TCToolBar troubles

Apr
Writing the current toolbar defs does not produce the expected file.

Regards, DJ

Attachments

• Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 178
Does it work as expected if you give it a fully qualified pathname?

It works here with a full path or with .\filename. But if I give only a filename (no path at all) TCMD (which writes the file) tries, and fails, to put it in c:\windows. That's peculiar since c:\windows is not TCMD's current working directory. From ProcessMonitor:

1634087742455.png

It works here with a full path or with .\filename. But if I give only a filename (no path at all) TCMD (which writes the file) tries, and fails, to put it in c:\windows. That's peculiar since c:\windows is not TCMD's current working directory. From ProcessMonitor:

View attachment 3486
It might have worked for me with ".\" because v:\ was both TCC's and TCMD's current working directory. Perhaps, in djspits's case TCMD's CWD was somewhere in the "Program Files" tree ... and TCMD tried to put it there ... and failed.

The toolbar is a Take Command component, not TCC. So it is executed inside Take Command, and (if you do not specify an explicit path) it will use the current default directory for Take Command.

So, unless you know Take Command's default directory, use an explicit pathname, not a relative one, for TCTOOLBAR /W.

Suggestion: TCTOOLBAR /W should canonicalize the filename before passing it to Take Command. (Doing so would also provide support for directory aliases.)

Back