Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TEXTUTILS: Change request for UTYPE

I know that the correct way to cancel a UTYPE command is to press the Escape key but sometimes, by force of habit, I hit CTRL-C instead. Doing this stops the output and returns me to a prompt but it doesn't close the input file handle. Can UTYPE be modified so that CTRL-C/CTRL/Break works the same as Escape?

--
Howard

I'm putting up a test build you can try. (It really is a hideous kludge though; I reserve the right to amputate this feature if it causes problems!)

I'm putting up a test build you can try. (It really is a hideous kludge though; I reserve the right to amputate this feature if it causes problems!)
Well, I was hoping for something a little more elegant, but I'll admit that it does solve my problem. I haven't seen it do anything really nasty yet, and all in all I think it's better than the way it worked before.

Out of curiosity, can you think of a way that I could have closed the files the UTYPE was leaving open from withinin TCC? Every time I made that mistake I was closing and reopening the TCC window. Is there a way to get the handle of an open file and then use @fileclose on it?

--
Howard

Out of curiosity, can you think of a way that I could have closed the files the UTYPE was leaving open from withinin TCC? Every time I made that mistake I was closing and reopening the TCC window. Is there a way to get the handle of an open file and then use @fileclose on it?

I can't think of anything more elegant than exiting that instance of TCC.