Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The file tcc.exe is not marked for installation

Jul
This is the error I keep getting when trying to install TCMD x64 v18.

How do I fix this?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Attached is the log file that was generated

Attachments

• MSI798.txt.txt
    342.1 KB · Views: 307
This is a (unfortunately not uncommon) Windows error, not a TCMD issue. (Windows Installer sometimes doesn't clean up its cruft from the last install.)

Are you trying to update an existing v18 installation? If so, try uninstalling the older version of TCMD before installing the latest v18.

I was installing into a new setup, and copied my "old" TCMD folder from a backup onto the new Windows 10 install. Then I tried re-installing into the same folder and got the error.

That wouldn't be a major issue if I knew what folder or items hold all the setting info (fonts, colors, prefs, etc.) to back up in order to have in case I needed to to restore at a later point.

Regards,
Chuck Billow

I was installing into a new setup, and copied my "old" TCMD folder from a backup onto the new Windows 10 install. Then I tried re-installing into the same folder and got the error.

That wouldn't be a major issue if I knew what folder or items hold all the setting info (fonts, colors, prefs, etc.) to back up in order to have in case I needed to to restore at a later point.

Everything except the window sizes & positions is stored in your TCMD.INI. The window layout is stored in the registry (HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 18.0).

For the install / uninstall info (which is where you're getting your "TCC not marked for deletion" error), you'll have to ask Microsoft (but they won't tell you). Windows Installer uses undocumented registry locations with random UUID's to store the installation / uninstallation info.