Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Three new plugins

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
I've uploaded some new plugins:

FunctionHelp: Implements status-bar help for functions, much like the built-in help for commands. When you type the name of a function, FunctionHelp displays the function’s syntax in the status bar. If you mouse over the status bar, a popup will show more information.

Scrolly: Adds hotkeys to scroll backward and forward through the console window by commands.

UChars: Adds a few new functions to support Unicode characters. They behave similarly to TCC’s familiar native functions, but support high-order Unicode characters — characters outside the Basic Multilingual Plane, with values greater than 0xFFFF.

Thanks @Charles Dye for FunctionHelp.

Great to have the function help in the status line.

It is a great addition to pressing the F7 key at the prompt;
1597406325573.png

However, after selecting the function, and returning to the console, the help is not displayed on the status line;
1597406639646.png

If I press the backspace key, and then press the [ key, the help is displayed;
1597406699495.png

Joe
Code:
     _x64: 1
   _admin: 1
_elevated: 1

TCC  26.02.42 x64   Windows 10 [Version 10.0.18363.959]

Yes. I'm only trapping the [ and ] keys. If you put the function name on the command line without typing a [, the plugin won't know about it.

Charles

How about one more switch for SCROLLY ? a switch to display the current settings without changing any of them. Perhaps SCROLLY /LC. And if you can do that, how about SCROLLY /LR to list the settings stored in the registry without loading them? Any switch letters will do, of course.

Thanks for considering them.

How about one more switch for SCROLLY ? a switch to display the current settings without changing any of them. Perhaps SCROLLY /LC. And if you can do that, how about SCROLLY /LR to list the settings stored in the registry without loading them? Any switch letters will do, of course.

For the first one, SCROLLY with no options will display the current settings.

Ah, thanks. And for the storage in the registry, I can just look in the registry.

@Charles Dye

For me, the FunctionHelp is REALLY a help, thank you for your great work!

PS: I miss your Elevated Plugin in your list at Plugins for Take Command

PPS: Scrolly does not work here, I just hear the error sound (tried with different keys). My system data:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 [19041.450] [2004] [de-CH] TCC 26.02.42 x64

Last edited:
@Charles Dye

For me, the FunctionHelp is REALLY a help, thank you for your great work!

PS: I miss your Elevated Plugin in your list at Plugins for Take Command

PPS: Scrolly does not work here, I just hear the error sound (tried with different keys). My system data:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 [19041.450] [2004] [de-CH] TCC 26.02.42 x64

i have the Elevated plugin - can upload it here....???

Attachments

• elevated.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 332
@Charles Dye

Would you have some hints for me that I could use your Scrolly PlugIn too. Maybe difficult but I nevertheless ask you ... (system data see my posting above) ...

I can confirm there's a problem with Windows 10 build 2004. Is anyone seeing this issue on any earlier build of Windows 10?

@Charles Dye

And it works! Not with default key settings but this is maybe not the fault of Scrolly. However: after I changed the key settings to Ctrl-Shift-PgUp and Ctrl-Shift-PgDn it works like a charm now.

Thank you!

And it works! Not with default key settings but this is maybe not the fault of Scrolly. However: after I changed the key settings to Ctrl-Shift-PgUp and Ctrl-Shift-PgDn it works like a charm now.

Good. Thanks for the confirmation.

The default keys did work on my test machine; maybe that's a new-console-vs.-legacy-console thing.

Well, I use - since few Win 10 versions - the "new-console" ... I don't know if you use the legacy (yet)?

Maybe the default key-sequences are in use or reserved through another program here or something like that.

However: was/is no big deal (for me).