1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tpipe requires MSVCR110.dll???

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bob Chapman, May 18, 2013.

1. Bob Chapman

Code:
    > ver /r

TCC  15.01.43 x64   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
    TCC Build 43   Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1
    > tpipe

Immediately following [ENTER] for the 'tpipe' command, a system error popup occurs with the message

Code:
         The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from
         your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So far, I have not seen any real utility in 'tpipe' that I require [obviously many other people's mileage does vary] but I am mystified by this anomaly and left with several questions.

(1) Is 'tpipe' part of TakeCommand (TCC)?

(2) If so, why do I have to install the dll? (I don't recall it being mentioned as required as a prerequisite for installation)

(3) Is 'tpipe' only for 32bit TCC? If so, I would like to see that constraint mentioned more prominently in the HELP (If it's there, I surely missed it).

2. vefatica

3. Bob Chapman

Vince - I had seen your response to the other thread but do appreciate your taking the time to reply to my post!

I don't really need the functionality of 'tpipe' at this time and am primarily interested the status of 'tipe' i.e. Is it a TCC x64 command or not? If it is in TCC x64 then IMNSHO any special dependencies should be a part of the installation process. If it is not in TCC x64 then I would like that fact to be a little more noticable.