Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Transparency in IDE not working correctly

Aug
Every time I start IDE it starts semi-transparent. I believe it gets its setting from TC where I set it to 207. Turning off transparency in IDE by putting the slider at the bottom right to the far left works but on the next start IDE is again semi-transparent.

Basically what I would like to have is IDE to
1. retain the transparency setting I made manually and
2. maintain it seperately from TC

Thorsten
TC 12.10 latest version

Every time I start IDE it starts semi-transparent. I believe it gets its setting from TC where I set it to 207. Turning off transparency in IDE by putting the slider at the bottom right to the far left works but on the next start IDE is again semi-transparent.

The IDE transparency is separate from the TCMD transparency. It is set by the "DebuggerTransparency" directive in the 4NT section of TCMD.INI.

The slider only sets the transparency for the current session, and is not saved on exit. This is by design, as that's what most users preferred.

That fixed it. Although I heavily doubt that most users want to reconfigure their IDE every time they start it (or have to hack the ini file)

I don't know whether this is feasible or reasonable, but:

Perhaps the slider controls could distinguish between a drag and a control-drag; e.g. dragging the slider might just change the transparency in the current instance, but dragging the slider while holding Control might change the transparency and write the new value to the .INI file.