1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter feed

Discussion in 'Support' started by rconn, Dec 10, 2011.

1. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

I've added a Twitter feed @Take_Command for new forum threads.

2. drrob1

drrob1 Guest

I see how twitter can solve the problem. But I don't know how to use it. I'm trying to set up gwibber. I have a twitter login. How do I tell gwibber which feed to follow?

3. Steve Fabian

OFF TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD - I COULD NOT START A NEW THREAD!!!

I think I am not getting RSS feeds by email because there is nothing new. I manually cliced on the RSS icon of each forum, and manually clicked on the "unwatch forum" and followed it to acceptance. But how can I make the "What's New" ignore all those thousands of threads that were imported into the new forum? I use TCC to automate things where a GUI requires repetitious action - and a news: or nntp: feed, and even an email feed as from the previous (vBulletin) forum allows me to quickly mark thousands of messages as "old". It allows me to use a single keystroke to find the next unread message of the whole forum. Please make it as simple to use the forum as it is to use TCC!

Now I am looking for a way to post this message. There isn't a button on-screen or off-screen to do it. Now what do I do?

I am going to have to try "Preview". Just like the movies...

Preview only displayed the same message twice... No "POST" button!

I tried "HELP" - no joy. "Search" whilst in "HELP" is not a search for help...

I am going to have to send this message as a comment to an unrelated thread so it gets into the system!!!

4. David Marcus

To the left of the "What's New" button, there is a "Mark Forums Read" button.

When writing a reply, there is a "Post Reply" button under the text box. To start a new thread, there is a "Post New Thread" button under the list of existing threads in a forum.

5. Steve Fabian

Thanks. I guess I need to make sure I first read anything recent before I do that. It's such a crude control - typical of GUI, I am using TCC so that I would have better control - but apparently cannot use it in TCC support!

I hate this tiny area where I can write! Anyway, IIRC I did just that to originally create a place where I can compose my post, but when I was done, I could not locate any button so my new message would be posted as a new thread; the only thing I found was the "Preview" button. In the distant past I had to use software which required you to "preview" before posting, but once you did that, a "post" function became available. Here I could not find such a function! Probably just one of the quirks of the forum software I have to learn to work around, though not yet succeeding!

6. David Marcus

Do you mean you wrote your message in the box where you were viewing a thread? That box isn't for creating a new thread.

If you click "More Options", there is a "Preview" button. If you like the preview, you can click "Reply to Thread" to actually post it. "Reply to Thread" does seem an odd way to label the button.

7. Joe Caverly

Well, I've been following https://twitter.com/Take_Command for a while now, and any new threads that appear on the forum appear in my Twitter feed.

I see that I am one of four followers of https://twitter.com/Take_Command

Although, I don't think @y6Kaliyyah__i4 is really interested in Take Command.

Even if you do not use Twitter, you can still visit https://twitter.com/Take_Command to browse through all of the threads that appear on the forum.

Joe