Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Twitter feed

I see how twitter can solve the problem. But I don't know how to use it. I'm trying to set up gwibber. I have a twitter login. How do I tell gwibber which feed to follow?

OFF TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD - I COULD NOT START A NEW THREAD!!!

I think I am not getting RSS feeds by email because there is nothing new. I manually cliced on the RSS icon of each forum, and manually clicked on the "unwatch forum" and followed it to acceptance. But how can I make the "What's New" ignore all those thousands of threads that were imported into the new forum? I use TCC to automate things where a GUI requires repetitious action - and a news: or nntp: feed, and even an email feed as from the previous (vBulletin) forum allows me to quickly mark thousands of messages as "old". It allows me to use a single keystroke to find the next unread message of the whole forum. Please make it as simple to use the forum as it is to use TCC!

Now I am looking for a way to post this message. There isn't a button on-screen or off-screen to do it. Now what do I do?

I am going to have to try "Preview". Just like the movies...

Preview only displayed the same message twice... No "POST" button!

I tried "HELP" - no joy. "Search" whilst in "HELP" is not a search for help...

I am going to have to send this message as a comment to an unrelated thread so it gets into the system!!!

But how can I make the "What's New" ignore all those thousands of threads that were imported into the new forum?

To the left of the "What's New" button, there is a "Mark Forums Read" button.

Now I am looking for a way to post this message. There isn't a button on-screen or off-screen to do it. Now what do I do?

When writing a reply, there is a "Post Reply" button under the text box. To start a new thread, there is a "Post New Thread" button under the list of existing threads in a forum.

To the left of the "What's New" button, there is a "Mark Forums Read" button.

Thanks. I guess I need to make sure I first read anything recent before I do that. It's such a crude control - typical of GUI, I am using TCC so that I would have better control - but apparently cannot use it in TCC support!

When writing a reply, there is a "Post Reply" button under the text box. To start a new thread, there is a "Post New Thread" button under the list of existing threads in a forum.

I hate this tiny area where I can write! Anyway, IIRC I did just that to originally create a place where I can compose my post, but when I was done, I could not locate any button so my new message would be posted as a new thread; the only thing I found was the "Preview" button. In the distant past I had to use software which required you to "preview" before posting, but once you did that, a "post" function became available. Here I could not find such a function! Probably just one of the quirks of the forum software I have to learn to work around, though not yet succeeding!

Do you mean you wrote your message in the box where you were viewing a thread? That box isn't for creating a new thread.

If you click "More Options", there is a "Preview" button. If you like the preview, you can click "Reply to Thread" to actually post it. "Reply to Thread" does seem an odd way to label the button.

I've added a Twitter feed @Take_Command for new forum threads.
Well, I've been following https://twitter.com/Take_Command for a while now, and any new threads that appear on the forum appear in my Twitter feed.

I see that I am one of four followers of https://twitter.com/Take_Command

Although, I don't think @y6Kaliyyah__i4 is really interested in Take Command.

Even if you do not use Twitter, you can still visit https://twitter.com/Take_Command to browse through all of the threads that appear on the forum.

Joe

Back