Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unable to register TakeCommand

Nov
Hello, a few days ago I bought a new license of TakeCommand version 21, but I am having trouble registering it.

The error message is:
[11004] Valid name, no data record (check DNS setup)

This is for my work laptop. I tried both when connected to the corporate network and when connected to my home network. I also tried adding the corporate proxy under settings, but I get the same message.

I bought some additional software from another vendor and had no issues activating it.

Something (either a proxy, Windows policy, or third-party app) is blocking TCMD from accessing the registration server.

You can try a manual key (which does not require internet activation) by going to the Register dialog, entering your activation key, and then clicking on the "Request Manual Key" button.

Thank you, I clicked "Request Manual Key" and was directed to a webpage which had my license key already filled in and "Computer ID" was also requested. I made one up myself and generated a key, but when I use it, I get the same error message: [11004] Valid name, no data record (check DNS setup). I guess I made a mistake with the "computer id"? There were no instructions on the page. Please advise

It worked now when I tried the again using the Computer name. Registration successful. How does unregister work when I no longer have this computer and want to move my license to a new system?