Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unable to register TCMD v21

Aug
I received an email about the new version 21, so I purchased the upgrade. I downloaded the installer and, when finished, launched TCC. I was informed that TCMD 21 trial had expired, even though it was a first-time install. I selected the "Register" button, and the Register dialog was displayed. I entered the license key that was emailed to me and clicked OK (the new options, "Request Manual Key", "USB (Portable) Key" and "Unregister" did not seem to apply here (and no Help button to describe them).

Rather than accept the registration, I was presented with the "Trial Expired!" dialog again, and after several iterations (and an attempt to use the "Request Manual Key" option), I closed the half dozen dialog boxes and came here for help.

Thank you,
Gary

If you have this file, try deleting it.
"C:\ProgramData\JP Software\TakeCommand.21.key"

same here, downloaded the combined installer, installed over the existing v20 Directory, started TCMD and got the message that the Trial Version has expired. Clicked on Exit and tried to insert the new Serial number via cut&paste. Still get the message, that this Version has expired.
I don´t have a *.key file, which I could delete.

Do / did you have any previous version of Take Command installed on the system?

Make sure you have the TCMD v21 installer, and not the v20 installer.

If you have a "takecommand.20.0.key" file in your "\programdata\jp software" directory, delete it.

If you have a "takecommand.21.key" file in your "\programdata\jp software" directory, delete it.

Start REGEDIT, and if you have a "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\Take Command 21" key, delete the entire key.

Start TCMD and see if you still get the "expired" message. If so, you may be running into a problem with the IsLicense50.dll file fighting with a previous version of that file if you have a previous version of TCMD installed, and Windows is preventing TCMD from registering the updated COM dll. If that is the case, uninstalling the old version and then installing v21 should resolve the problem.

If you still cannot register, email your registration details (including the key we sent you) to [email protected].

Do / did you have any previous version of Take Command installed on the system?
Make sure you have the TCMD v21 installer, and not the v20 installer.
If you have a "takecommand.20.0.key" file in your "\programdata\jp software" directory, delete it.
If you have a "takecommand.21.key" file in your "\programdata\jp software" directory, delete it.

Read my post: I installed the TCMD combined installer v21 over the EXISTING v20 directory. So: yes there was a previous version.

but: I got it running now. I did a complete deinstallation (wiped dirs, registry and programdata). Now I was able to register successfully.
Maybe I should do a complete reinstallation everytime, although installing over the old version worked for me at least since v17.

Stefan

Read my post: I installed the TCMD combined installer v21 over the EXISTING v20 directory. So: yes there was a previous version.

I was responding to Wingo395 (the original poster).

If uninstalling the previous version worked, then the problem was that your system was blocking TCMD from doing a COM registration for the IsLicense50.dll file. (Either a Windows Policy or a third-party app like an antivirus / antimalware app.)

After deleting that file, did you try to register with the registration dialog?

I can't get to the Options -> Registration tab. Upon startup of TCC, I get the Trial Expired dialog, with options "Buy Now", "Register" and "Exit". When I click on Register, I begin the loop of entering the key only to be told it's expired, etc.

I installed TCC 21 separately from TCC 20 which is still installed.
I cannot get itto register.
The error is that the License does not conform to version 21.
I deleted the license key - no luck.
I uninstalled and reinstalled.
No luck.

You are right.

I made a mistake. I clicked the wrong link and did not realise the error until you pointed it out.

I "upgraded" to TCC21 when I wanted TCMD 21

Please would you help me convert the TCC to the TCMD 21.

Thank you.

Ros