Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unexplained TCMD/TCC crash...

May
Simple question: The .bat file (in the attached .zip file) runs correctly with only one parameter (the name of the .txt file in the attached .zip file). However, when supplied with a second parameter (the name of a file that does not exist) TCMD/TCC either "hangs" or "crashes" (re-running it "randomly" gets one or the other of both results). What is going on here??? (I'll note that the attached .bat file is the command I am trying to write with all of the error-checking code removed.)

Attachments

• CodeProblem.zip
    801 bytes · Views: 247
Simple question: The .bat file (in the attached .zip file) runs correctly with only one parameter (the name of the .txt file in the attached .zip file). However, when supplied with a second parameter (the name of a file that does not exist) TCMD/TCC either "hangs" or "crashes" (re-running it "randomly" gets one or the other of both results). What is going on here??? (I'll note that the attached .bat file is the command I am trying to write with all of the error-checking code removed.)

Not reproducible here.

If you're getting a crash, you should have a TCMD.GPF file, which is essential to tracking down the problem.

Have you tried running this in the batch debugger to find the failing command?

Re: Unexplained TCMD/TCC crash...

I got some hang last night in Vista. I'll see if I can't figure out what it
was doing tonight.

I did have to change the escape character to my ancient 4DOS compatible one.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 06:16, rconn <> wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by mathewsdw)---
> Simple question: The .bat file (in the attached .zip file) runs correctly
> with only one parameter (the name of the .txt file in the attached .zip
> file). However, when supplied with a second parameter (the name of a file
> that *does not* exist) TCMD/TCC either "hangs" or "crashes" (re-running it
> "randomly" gets one or the other of both results). What is going on here???
> (I'll note that the attached .bat file is the command I am trying to write
> with *all* of the error-checking code removed.)
> ---End Quote---
>
> Not reproducible here.
>
> If you're getting a crash, you should have a TCMD.GPF file, which is
> essential to tracking down the problem.
>
> Have you tried running this in the batch debugger to find the failing
> command?
>
>
>
>
>

--
Jim Cook
2010 Sundays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Monday.

I got some hang last night in Vista. I'll see if I can't figure out what it
was doing tonight.

I did have to change the escape character to my ancient 4DOS compatible one.
--
Jim Cook
2010 Sundays: 4/4, 6/6, 8/8, 10/10, 12/12 and 5/9, 9/5, 7/11, 11/7.
Next year they're Monday.

Thanks for looking into this, guys! :)

Rex, I ran it under the debugger (once) and the debugger just "hung". (I don't use the debugger much so I'm not expert as using it, but since it didn't seem to be helping anything I didn't persue this...)

As far as "TCMD.GPF" goes, I would be glad to send it to you but I don't know where it would be and can't find it.

----- Original Message -----
As far as "TCMD.GPF" goes, I would be glad to send it to you but I don't know where it would be and can't find it.

You find it in the directory where TCMD.EXE is installed.
--
HTH, Steve

----- Original Message -----

You find it in the directory where TCMD.EXE is installed.
--
HTH, Steve

Thanks for your quick response, Steve, but the simple bottom line is that theres not a file of that name (or anything else .GPF) there. (That's the first place I looked.) And a complete search of all of my hard drives/partitions for *.GPF (after about an hour) came up with nothing :(.

Rex, I ran it under the debugger (once) and the debugger just "hung". (I don't use the debugger much so I'm not expert as using it, but since it didn't seem to be helping anything I didn't persue this...)

"Just hung" isn't very useful for tracking the problem -- exactly *where* did it hang?

The TCMD.GPF file would be in the same directory as your TCMD.INI. If you don't have one, then the crash didn't occur inside TCC.EXE or TCMD.EXE -- though it may have occurred in a Windows dll, in which case you'd see a Windows exception popup. If you're seeing one of those, please send me the info from that popup. (If not, tell me why you think it's crashing.)

You're running a lot of pipes through an external Microsoft app (FIND), so it's unclear to me at this point that the problem is in TCC.

Not reproducible here.

If you're getting a crash, you should have a TCMD.GPF file, which is essential to tracking down the problem.

Have you tried running this in the batch debugger to find the failing command?

Hi,

I'm also having crash problem in TCMDLE12. Please find the TCMD.gpf file attached.

(If someone's looking for that file: I'm running WinXP and I found this crash file in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application Data\JPSoft\)

It is worth noting that I've been running several trial versions of TCMD11, TCMDLE11, TCMD12 and TCMDLE12 for the past ~40 days, and the crash is specific to TCMDLE12 (it doesn't happen in any other version). I'm running a (ant) script file to compile some java sources when it happens.

Thanks,
Jet

Attachments

• TCMD.gpf
    330 bytes · Views: 252
Hi,

I'm also having crash problem in TCMDLE12. Please find the TCMD.gpf file attached.

(If someone's looking for that file: I'm running WinXP and I found this crash file in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application Data\JPSoft\)

It is worth noting that I've been running several trial versions of TCMD11, TCMDLE11, TCMD12 and TCMDLE12 for the past ~40 days, and the crash is specific to TCMDLE12 (it doesn't happen in any other version). I'm running a (ant) script file to compile some java sources when it happens.

That crash is in TCC/LE, not TCMD/LE, and has already been fixed in build 33 of TCC/LE and TCMD/LE (available on our web and ftp sites).