Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Unhandled exception

May
The first time I tried to install the reccently announced public beta (b54, over b53) I got a pair of "Unhandled exception" message boxes with **long** stack traces (only) in them (never saw the likes of it before). A second attempt at installing succeeded.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:32:09 -0500, rconn <> wrote:

|---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
|The first time I tried to install the reccently announced public beta (b54, over b53) I got a pair of "Unhandled exception" message boxes with **long** stack traces (only) in them (never saw the likes of it before). A second attempt at installing succeeded.
|---End Quote---
|
|What program was generating the exception?

I don't know for sure. As I said, the message boxes were like none I have seen.
Their titles were "Unhandled exception!!!" (with the exclamation points, several
of them). Little else (besides the installer) was running at the time, and
nothing else crashed.

vefatica;14131I don't know for sure. As I said said:
That would be the Windows Installer (and apparently something fairly unique to your system, since nobody else has reported seeing the problem).

Since Microsoft has inexplicably neglected to provide me with the installer source code, there's not much I can do about it. You might want to talk with them directly.

Back