Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Uninstalled beta, now v11 says it is expired

Jun
I installed the v12 beta, then uninstalled it. Now, v11 says, "This trial version of Take Command has expired!" I click "Register" and enter my info, click "OK", but it just goes back to the has-expired message. Tried rebooting. Windows Vista Home Premium.

I had a similar experience. But I removed v11 and rebooted when it happened, and then reinstalled and added back to registration without issue. Similar issues has popped up with prior versions not being registered (esp frequent for me with v9) and I am able to just re-register them. At the moment v7, v8, v9, v10, v11, and v12 are all keeping their registration and running smoothly.

On 2010-08-25 18:59, David Marcus wrote:

> I installed the v12 beta, then uninstalled it. Now, v11 says, "This trial version of Take Command has expired!" I click "Register" and enter my info, click "OK", but it just goes back to the has-expired message. Tried rebooting. Windows Vista Home Premium.

This is most likely because the v12 uninstaller unregisters
IsLicense40.dll. Try manually re-registering the v11 version of the DLL
by running (from Explorer, and as an elevated administrator):

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Take Command 11\ISLicense40.dll"

Replace "C:\Program Files\Take Command 11" with the directory where you
installed v11, if it is different.