By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Update to 15.01.40 freezes on cleanup...

...I had to kill the process in the task manager (on Windows 7 fully up-to-date). Once the Take Command console was restarted I can see the following (correct) version information.

TCC 15.01.40 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

and the folder AppData\Roaming\JP Software\Take Command x64 15.01\updates contains the single file


so I suppose all is well. :)

I realize that this is difficult to reproduce, but since all previous upgrades have gone without a hitch, I thought I should bring it to your attention. BTW, I was updating from version 15.01.39.

Are you sure there wasn't a popup window in the background? (There's been an annoying Windows bug for many years that occasionally causes new foreground modal windows to appear *behind* existing windows, so there's no obvious visible sign that Windows is waiting for you to click on something.)
Reasonably sure. I'm aware of the annoying Windows bug so I closed down the few apps that I had open and looked for such a popup. I couldn't find anything. Like I said, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened during an update so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

I use TCC quite a bit and version 15.01.40 is running without any problems. :)

FWIW, I had a similar problem upgrading to this version on personal and company laptops. The installer seemed to ignore the location of the existing (15.01.39) version. Original was on "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD15x64\" and the new one (I believe) was going to "C:\Program Files\JP Software\Take Command x64 15.01\". Both versions were installed, but did not seem to be working properly. The CP uninstall removed only the later version.

On the work laptop, the second attempt to upgrade (from a fresh downloaded install file) worked fine. It did not go smoothly on my own PC, possibly because there were traces of at least two earlier versions, but was finally straightened out by removing all except the .39 and having the installer use its directory.

Similar threads