Updated plugins

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
I have uploaded updated versions of a couple of my plugins:

ISO8601 and QCAL: I've completely rewritten the holiday-handling code, so please bang hard on this one. Not just QCAL, but @ISHOLIDAY and @PICKDATE as well. Thanks!

SAY: Following a comment in the feedback forum, I've added support for listing and changing voices.

My WinXP refused to execute FTP. Win7 worked. But I had been playing with AV. Since MS disabled its AV, I tried Avast first. It may be OK for its purporse, but makes loud announcements every time it does anything. I removed it, and installed McAfee, which my bank is paying for the first year. I wonder if McAfee prevents FTP? (Win7 uses MS Security Essentials.)

BTW, some time ago we discussed an enhancement of UIstuff.dll, to let MKSC use its own listing as input. A short time ago I reinstalled WinXP on a new, douled size disk, and have the saved analysis of MKSC. Do I need to do a batch file to reinstall them, or did I miss the latest UIstuff?

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
BTW, some time ago we discussed an enhancement of UIstuff.dll, to let MKSC use its own listing as input. A short time ago I reinstalled WinXP on a new, douled size disk, and have the saved analysis of MKSC. Do I need to do a batch file to reinstall them, or did I miss the latest UIstuff?
I messed with it at one point, but MKSC went pretty quickly from merely baroque to downright Byzantine. Pulled it out again. If I ever decide I want to implement this ability, I'll probably make it a new command, or two new commands -- one to save, one to restore.

Thanks for the info. I already have a batch program which builds shortcut files from the internal SHORTCUT command's report, should not be a big issue to switch to MKSC's format. But I have slowed down considerably in the last few months.