1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to v19.10.42 fails

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarlM, Feb 28, 2016.

1. CarlM

I am on Windows 7 64 bit. Today I upgraded from v19.02.37 x64 to v19.10.42 x64. I had Everything installed on the older version. In the upgrade, I got a message that some files needed to be closed. I closed a bunch, and the upgrade completed. Then I could not run TCMD. I got the message detailed below. I rebooted. I re-downloaded the upgrade from jpsoft.com, ran it, and chose the Repair option. It completed without complaining. I can run TCC without errors. But when I run TCMD, I get an error window titled "CXTPFrameShadowManager:CWtsEventListener: tcmd.exe - System Error"
    with the message
    "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    When I click OK, I get an error window titled
    "Error loading Scintilla" with the message
    "The Scintilla DLL could not be loaded."
    When I click OK, the TCMD window comes up. A few cursory tests - it seems to run OK.
    TIA

2. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

You downloaded a partially built test version before 19.10 was complete and uploaded (and announced). Download the release build and let me know if you still have a problem.

3. CarlM

Thank you. That fixed it. Next time I'll wait for the email announcement.

4. CarlM

Is the Manual PDF updated when the online Help is updated, as in this release?

5. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes.

6. Alpengreis

I have also installed the build 42.

1) How can it be to download a version which is not uploaded?

2) It was "announced" as Build 42 on the NORMAL webpage already! WHY, if this is not official? How can be a version not official from your public download page?

3) It was "announced" on page https://jpsoft.com/downloads/v19/tcmdx64update.aiu already!

Sorry, but a partially built test version should not be downloadable public/for public on your download page.

Or do I missunderstand all - in this case SORRY!!

However, I had no problems with the Build 42 till now.

Kind regards!

#6 Alpengreis, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016