Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Use XenForo efficiently

May
1/ How do I get to the XenForo help? It might have eliminated the questions below!
2/ I want to change the default font of my posts
3/ How do I delete old alerts? I get everybody else's posts by email notification, they also set an alert.
4/ How do I get an archive copy of my own posts (other than setting CLIPMONITOR to save them, afterI clip them, one at a time?)

1/ How do I get to the XenForo help? It might have eliminated the questions below!

The help link is on the bottom right of every page.

That is perhaps the worst idea I've heard on this forum ...

3/ How do I delete old alerts? I get everybody else's posts by email notification, they also set an alert.

Click on "Alerts" and "Alert Preferences".

4/ How do I get an archive copy of my own posts (other than setting CLIPMONITOR to save them, afterI clip them, one at a time?)

Unfortunately, I only have the same answer as the last half-dozen times you've asked this -- you can't.

Rex: The help link is on the bottom right of every page.
Hidden unless you scroll past everything of interest. Only software I use which hides its HELP link...

Rex: That is perhaps the worst idea I've heard on this forum ...Why? I have a hard time reading the default font, esp. such words as Ill or still - I had previously switched to the "ventana" style, but it is no longer supported. I want to be able to read what I wrote before I post it (though occasionally I end up clicking (or emulating clicking) on Post Reply when I try to do something else with the keyboard. And besides, if they are my posts, shouldn't they reflect my thinking, my style?

Rex: Click on "Alerts" and "Alert Preferences".
I did in fact change preferences and saved them, but the list of alerts is still the same. I suppose I could change preferences to no alerts, save changes, restore alerts, save changes again. And logically, even if it worked, changing preferences should never effect information already accumulated, only future information collection.

Rex: That is perhaps the worst idea I've heard on this forum ...Why? I have a hard time reading the default font, esp. such words as Ill or still - I had previously switched to the "ventana" style, but it is no longer supported. I want to be able to read what I wrote before I post it (though occasionally I end up clicking (or emulating clicking) on Post Reply when I try to do something else with the keyboard. And besides, if they are my posts, shouldn't they reflect my thinking, my style?

No. Because thousands suffer for the whims of one.

Or do you want to have to put up with THIS in every message??

That's why the forums are moderated and posting is only by JPsoft-approved subscribers. If someone does it once to show an example of something undesirable, that's OK. But if a single person does something obnoxious, or highly undesirable in the opinion of the core of the Forum users, on a regular basis, you are justified banning them after a suitable warning. I do not include repeatedly requesting a feature, unless they go to the extremes of Cato the Elder (caeterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam) in doing it.

More question about XenForo: Rex, the HELP here is not what YOUR customers are accustomed to! Even freeware, like Firefox, has much more help. I still have not been able to delete old alerts. next I try if marking all forums read will do it. ... No, it did not. Poor forum website! It is going to accumulate alerts until XenForo tells its customer (JPsoft) what to answer the forum users (who are JPsoft's customers, not XenForo's, and thus not entitled to help from XenForo).

Back