Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Using EVERYTHING Command in TCMD15

Jun
I have everything installed on my computer. Its icon is in my system tray, and I use it frequently. It would really be nice to be able to run it from the command line. However, when I try running the new EVERYTHING command, it just locks up TCC. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?

I have everything installed on my computer. Its icon is in my system tray, and I use it frequently. It would really be nice to be able to run it from the command line. However, when I try running the new EVERYTHING command, it just locks up TCC. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?
it uses its own version of everything - everythingipc.exe - to communicate with Everything. It works pretty well on my machine. Everything is not installed - just running portably

By the way: I discovered Everything just a few weeks ago because Listary has support for it. It's a great tool and there is nothing that comes closes to it in the Windows world.

I had never seen an alternative version "everythingipc.exe". However, I went to the website, downloaded the latest version (mine was a bit old), and installed it. Now the EVERYTHING command is working nicely.

Using it to search for "everything", I found the IPC exe file in the TCMD15 directory, and I think it was already there yesterday. My guess is that it required a newer version of Everything.

Everythingipc.exe is an elegant shim (i.e., ugly hack) required by TCMDx64 in order to talk to the (32-bit only) Everything Search. It's JP Software code.

Well, thank you very much for the elegant (ugly?) hack. It is very nice to have command-line access to Everything.

Well, thank you very much for the elegant (ugly?) hack. It is very nice to have command-line access to Everything.
You could've already had it: http://support.voidtools.com/everything/ES

Code:
> everything /?               
Search files and directories.                     

EVERYTHING [/C /D /F /M=n /P /R /W] filename [...] 
        /C(ase sensitive)      /P(ath name)       
        /D(irectories)  /R(egular expression)     
        /F(iles)                /W(hole word)     
        /M=n (max)

Code:
> es -h
-r Search the database using a basic POSIX regular expression.   
-i Does a case sensitive search.                                 
-w Does a whole word search.                                     
-p Does a full path search.                                     
-h --help Display this help.                                     
-n <num> Limit the amount of results shown to <num>.             
-s Sort by full path.