Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation Using "send all input to other tabs"

Apr
I am interested in possible scenario's for which this menu option was intended. The documentation has no information on this subject under "Redirection", "Redirection and Pipes" or "Input/output redirection".

Cheers, DJ

Even if you have no idea what it is for - which surprises me to the point of disbelief - (seriously now) shouldn't the documentation at least describe what it does. It doesn't look good to have stuff in your ribbon that is not explained to the user.

Odd things I noticed while playing with it is that there is no visible feedback to show if the option is on or off. Perhaps it sends something only once? Should it be sending something? Does it do that only after a I hit Enter? Weird.

Even if you have no idea what it is for - which surprises me to the point of disbelief - (seriously now) shouldn't the documentation at least describe what it does. It doesn't look good to have stuff in your ribbon that is not explained to the user.

Odd things I noticed while playing with it is that there is no visible feedback to show if the option is on or off. Perhaps it sends something only once? Should it be sending something? Does it do that only after a I hit Enter? Weird.
It sends data keystroke by keystroke. How do you turn it off?

I don't understand your question -- I presume you've tried turning it off by deselecting it?
I don't understand your question -- It doesn't appear any different after it has been used; and clicking it again just opens the same dialog with, apparently, no way of de-selecting **all** the tabs offered as targets.

Oh! You can de-select a tab to sent input to with Ctrl-LeftClick (who would have guessed?). Is that what you had in mind?

You deselect tabs the same way you'd do with any other listbox.
That just didn't dawn on me immediately. I'm not accustomed to de-selecting things in listboxes, and I don't even do it often in Explorer. I'd be a nice touch to open that box with no default selection (after all it's rather arbitrary) and let Ctrl-A select all (though I don't know why one might want to do that).

That just didn't dawn on me immediately. I'm not accustomed to de-selecting things in listboxes, and I don't even do it often in Explorer. I'd be a nice touch to open that box with no default selection (after all it's rather arbitrary) and let Ctrl-A select all (though I don't know why one might want to do that).

You're requesting additional features that you're not going to use?

Even if you have no idea what it is for - which surprises me to the point of disbelief - (seriously now) shouldn't the documentation at least describe what it does.

When (large) corporate customers request a feature, I don't try to argue them out of it. There's no requirement that you have to use everything that's been requested by other users!

It's documented in Help / Take Command Interface / Take Command Window / Menus / Tabs (along with all of the other entries on that menu).

When (large) corporate customers request a feature, I don't try to argue them out of it

I understand.

It's documented in ...

In so much that it repeats the text of the option a little more verbosely without actually explaining anything. But I guess I understand that too, given its somewhat obscure nature. No use upping the number of cross links in the help then.

Regards, DJ