Utilities menu has gone ?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
Hi all,

I did not find the Utilities menu in the TC menubar, is it normal ?
It's possible to add your own menus through the right-click/Customize dialog. It's not obvious how to add entries under your new menu. One way I've found is to create a Tab Toolbar button to do whatever you want; while the Customize dialog is open, you can drag the button from the Tab Toolbar into the menu.

May 22, 2008
France
Take Command v9 and v10 do not have a Utilities entry in the menu.

Are you looking for something specific?
No, not in particular but I remember having seen such kind of thing before : a menu in which we could run actions trhough a dialog box (find file, editting aliases ...).

May 22, 2008
France
You can still do all of those things; they've been moved to other menus.
I don't know what menus you are talking about as I just browsed all TCMD menus without finding the options I mentioned before, but it is not a very big issue as effectively all those things are available through all TCMD commands....
IT was just a question ...

I don't know what menus you are talking about as I just browsed all TCMD menus without finding the options I mentioned before, but it is not a very big issue as effectively all those things are available through all TCMD commands....
IT was just a question ...
Find Files seems to be in the Edit menu. Editing aliases seems to be available when you click the "Edit/Debug" button.