Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V10.31 Issue - Remembering View Choices

May
Hello. I'm testing v10 and I have an issue. I open TCMD and turn off the folders, list view, and command areas via the VIEW menu option. However, when I exit, it is not saved. When I reopen takecmd, they are back and I have to shut them off again. Quite annoying.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm guessing not, or I would have already read about it. It happens both in build 30 and 31.

Any thoughts on places to peek?

Thanks! It's lookin' good.

Michael

TCC 10.00.31 Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6001]
TCC Build 31 Windows Vista Build 6001 Service Pack 1

Hello. I'm testing v10 and I have an issue. I open TCMD and turn off the folders, list view, and command areas via the VIEW menu option. However, when I exit, it is not saved. When I reopen takecmd, they are back and I have to shut them off again. Quite annoying.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm guessing not, or I would have already read about it. It happens both in build 30 and 31.

Any thoughts on places to peek?

Not reproducible here.

That info is stored in the registry key (HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 10\Settings). If you don't have write access to that registry tree, you won't be able to save the window settings.

Not reproducible here.

That info is stored in the registry key (HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 10\Settings). If you don't have write access to that registry tree, you won't be able to save the window settings.
Odd. I'm an admin on the machine and I run TCMD as administrator. I've tried deleting that key and starting tc again. It recreates, but the same issue.

I'll play around with it more tomorrow and see if I can dig up something. G'nite.

Michael

Not reproducible here.

I just tried this on my home machine with exactly the same results.

I install takecommand. When I tried to run it, it crashed after I clicked past the beta 30 day message, but before it came up. While I don't have the GPF data (I deleted it when I thought I had solved it with a reinstall), it had issues with secur32.dll and shell32.dll.

I uninstalled it. Deleted the HKCU key, and reinstalled. It then came up, but won't save the view settings. This is exactly the same as on my notebook.

If I delete your reg key, and restart tcmd, it recreates it, so I know I have rights. I'm an admin and run tcmd as an administrator.

My home machine runs vista ultimate, my notebook vista enterprise. Both the 31 build of tcmd v10. I installed it over the top of my v9 installation.

Any thoughts?

Michael

-----------------

frossm wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by rconn)---
> Not reproducible here.
>
> That info is stored in the registry key (HKCU\Software\JP Software\Take Command 10\Settings). If you don't have write access to that registry tree, you won't be able to save the window settings.
> ---End Quote---
> I just tried this on my home machine with exactly the same results.
>
> I install takecommand. When I tried to run it, it crashed after I clicked past the beta 30 day message, but before it came up. While I don't have the GPF data (I deleted it when I thought I had solved it with a reinstall), it had issues with secur32.dll and shell32.dll.
>
> I uninstalled it. Deleted the HKCU key, and reinstalled. It then came up, but won't save the view settings. This is exactly the same as on my notebook.
>
> If I delete your reg key, and restart tcmd, it recreates it, so I know I have rights. I'm an admin and run tcmd as an administrator.
>
> My home machine runs vista ultimate, my notebook vista enterprise. Both the 31 build of tcmd v10. I installed it over the top of my v9 installation.
>
> Any thoughts?

Neither Take Command nor TCC ever access Secur32.dll.

Are you running any third-party apps that might be injecting themselves
into Take Command's address space? (Things like antivirus, screen
managers, registry monitors, etc.)

Rex Conn
JP Software

frossm wrote:

Neither Take Command nor TCC ever access Secur32.dll.

Are you running any third-party apps that might be injecting themselves
into Take Command's address space? (Things like antivirus, screen
managers, registry monitors, etc.)

Rex Conn
JP Software
I uninstalled v10 via add/remove programs. I deleted the HKCU jpsoftware reg key and the directory on the hard drive (I installed to c:\tcmd).

I then turned off resident scanning on my AV (avgfree) and anti-spyware (windows defender). Then, from within task manager, I killed just about all the other process I could and reinstalled v10. Installed to c:\tcmd. Everything went fine, but when I attempt to turn off the folders, command, and list view and then exit, they all return when I restart it.

Is there a way for me to determine if something is injecting itself into it's address space?

I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks Rex.

Michael