Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V10 "Configure tab toolbar" issues

Dec
In the toolbar I have defined batch files and launching applications to the current window.

1. It doesn't actually launch anything just stuffs the custom commandline into the current window. (I want it to fully execute the app so it's not hitting the "enter" for me as ver 8 did)

2. When using the "configure tab toolbar" to launch applications in directories with spaces using the program to point to the app... It puts the quotes in correctly but when I push that custom button - the quotes aren't stuffed into the cutrrent tab window.

Thanks,

jimklein wrote:

> In the toolbar I have defined batch files and launching applications to the current window.
>
> 1. It doesn't actually launch anything just stuffs the custom commandline into the current window. (I want it to fully execute the app so it's not hitting the "enter" for me as ver 8 did)

When you're sending something to the current tab, it acts like KEYSTACK
-- so you're going to need to add an ENTER at the end on the command
line. See the help for more info.

> 2. When using the "configure tab toolbar" to launch applications in directories with spaces using the program to point to the app... It puts the quotes in correctly but when I push that custom button - the quotes aren't stuffed into the cutrrent tab window.

In the KEYSTACK format, quotes indicate a character string, not an
enclosed filename. If you want to send double quotes, you need to
double them up. See the KEYSTACK command in the help for the syntax.

Rex Conn
JP Software

When you're sending something to the current tab, it acts like KEYSTACK
-- so you're going to need to add an ENTER at the end on the command
line. See the help for more info.

Jim - ok I understand: But a better way would be to put an option in the UI to send the CR like v8 did.

In the KEYSTACK format, quotes indicate a character string, not an
enclosed filename. If you want to send double quotes, you need to
double them up. See the KEYSTACK command in the help for the syntax.

Jim - The if I use the TC10 UI to point to the exe I want to run it should do this correctly.

Rex Conn
JP Software

jimklein wrote:

> In the KEYSTACK format, quotes indicate a character string, not an
> enclosed filename. If you want to send double quotes, you need to
> double them up. See the KEYSTACK command in the help for the syntax.
>
> Jim - The if I use the TC10 UI to point to the exe I want to run it should do this correctly.

But the Browse button doesn't know if you're going to want to send keys
to the current tab, change folders, or start a new tab. In the latter
two cases, you definitely do *not* want the extra quotes.

Rex Conn
JP Software