Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v15 installer question

Feb
I don't recall this happening with v14, but I've noticed when updating v15 that the installer closes any running TCC, TCMD, Tpipe etc. but doesn't close shralias, resulting in some warnings about files that can't be updated and a restart will be needed. On one occasion it popped up a box naming sharalias although I don't recall that happening every time.

Is it possible for the installer to close down shralias if it's running? If I remember I do a shralias /u before updating now, but I sometimes forget...

Dan

I run a single version of shralias.exe in all versions of 4NT/TCC for versions 6 and later (and load it as part of my log-in). While each build has its own build stamp (hence a different shralias.exe file), there is no functional difference.

I run a single version of shralias.exe in all versions of 4NT/TCC for versions 6 and later (and load it as part of my log-in). While each build has its own build stamp (hence a different shralias.exe file), there is no functional difference.

Thanks Steve, that's good to know, but it would still be good if the installer didn't throw up the warnings about shralias during installation.

Dan