Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation v16 Documentation comments

Feb
In the help file included with build 25:

1. The new LUA, 7ZIP/UNZIP and WAKEONLAN commands do not appear in the comparison table of TCC, TCC LE and CMD features (TCC > Comparing TCC, TCC/LE, and CMD)

2. The help pages for the new LUA and WAKEONLAN commands should be marked as "Not in LE" (at least, I assume they won't be back fitted into TCC/LE)

2) The TCC/LE docs have been split from the Take Command / TCC docs, so the "Not in LE" isn't really relevant to anything. Unless, I suppose, you're writing batch files from TCC that you want to run in TCC/LE.

Well it's not relevant to me for sure as I don't use TCC/LE. I suppose it's possible that someone may have a few copies of TCC to use for development of batch files which are then run on copies of TCC/LE across a big IT estate, but it would be negligent not to test such batch files on TCC/LE before releasing them, so it strikes me they would be better off writing them on TCC/LE in the first place.

As far as the split in the docs goes, have you (or will you) split the online copy of the TCC help from the TCC/LE help on the JP Software website? Last time I looked there was only one version of online help, and so the "Not in LE" distinction remains valid there.

If future releases would have both LE and and full versions, it would be a maintenance nightmare to keep developing separate HELP files with near identical content. It was for this reason that many versions in the past the 4dos, 4nt and tcmd32 help files were merged int a single file. Even if LE will have no further versions, which is - AFAIK - the plan, editing the V13 HELP file to remove the "not in LE" features would be a major undertaking, for no real gain. Since registration data showed that very few (if any) customers started with LE, and advanced to a purchased full version, the cost of developing specialized documentation for a free version would be a waste of labor and funds.

As far as the split in the docs goes, have you (or will you) split the online copy of the TCC help from the TCC/LE help on the JP Software website? Last time I looked there was only one version of online help, and so the "Not in LE" distinction remains valid there.

TCC/LE doesn't have the option to get its help from the web site.