V26-Issues in the BDEBUGGER !

wich is my Beloved Toy in TCC !
The Editor cannot use the font FixedSys. I can select it but ....
1585769414334.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another "issue" with the Tabs:

1585770224012.png

Maybe the UTF8-Problem ?

And the last point (for today :-) )
The Debugger switch the tab window at the Command Setlocal!
1585770646993.png

Is this a new feature ?

rconn

Administrator
Staff member
May 14, 2008
wich is my Beloved Toy in TCC !
The Editor cannot use the font FixedSys. I can select it but ....
I have no problem selecting & using FixedSys (though I wouldn't *want* to -- it's a terrible font). What happens when you select it?

Another "issue" with the Tabs:
That would be a problem with the German language dll; I'll take a look at it.

And the last point (for today :-) )
The Debugger switch the tab window at the Command Setlocal!
WAD - when you have global aliases & functions, and you do a SETLOCAL, they get converted to local aliases & functions (provided you didn't already have local aliases/functions). This isn't new; the new thing in v26 is that is shows the global & local lists separately.

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
And likewise in TCEDIT. Selecting either "FixedSys" or "Terminal" yields something that looks like Lucida Sans Unicode. A huge improvement aesthetically, but it isn't a fixed-pitch font so columns won't line up.

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 20, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
prospero.unm.edu
And I see the same behavior in BDEBUGGER v25 and TCEDIT v25. So this issue may be caused by a change in Windows, rather than a change in Rex's code.

AnrDaemon may have the right of it. Microsoft may be trying to wean us from the bitmapped fonts.

May 20, 2008
Syracuse, NY, USA
And I see the same behavior in BDEBUGGER v25 and TCEDIT v25. So this issue may be caused by a change in Windows, rather than a change in Rex's code.

AnrDaemon may have the right of it. Microsoft may be trying to wean us from the bitmapped fonts.
You'd think they'd be smart enough to choose a monospaced one.

I have no problem selecting & using FixedSys (though I wouldn't *want* to -- it's a terrible font). What happens when you select it?
Yeah, FixedSys is not a beauty, but my first candidate for a fixed point or a monospaced font. If I select, it happens like Charles has it described

WAD - when you have global aliases & functions, and you do a SETLOCAL, they get converted to local aliases & functions (provided you didn't already have local aliases/functions). This isn't new; the new thing in v26 is that is shows the global & local lists separately.
This is ok so far, but why must the debugger also select the tab ? This is for me an unwanted behaviour.