Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V26-Issues in the BDEBUGGER !

Sep
wich is my Beloved Toy in TCC !
The Editor cannot use the font FixedSys. I can select it but ....
1585769414334.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another "issue" with the Tabs:

1585770224012.png

Maybe the UTF8-Problem ?

And the last point (for today :-) )
The Debugger switch the tab window at the Command Setlocal!
1585770646993.png

Is this a new feature ?

wich is my Beloved Toy in TCC !
The Editor cannot use the font FixedSys. I can select it but ....

I have no problem selecting & using FixedSys (though I wouldn't *want* to -- it's a terrible font). What happens when you select it?

Another "issue" with the Tabs:

That would be a problem with the German language dll; I'll take a look at it.

And the last point (for today :-) )
The Debugger switch the tab window at the Command Setlocal!

WAD - when you have global aliases & functions, and you do a SETLOCAL, they get converted to local aliases & functions (provided you didn't already have local aliases/functions). This isn't new; the new thing in v26 is that is shows the global & local lists separately.

When I select FixedSys, I get this (don't know what it's called).

1585781778182.png

And likewise in TCEDIT. Selecting either "FixedSys" or "Terminal" yields something that looks like Lucida Sans Unicode. A huge improvement aesthetically, but it isn't a fixed-pitch font so columns won't line up.

And I see the same behavior in BDEBUGGER v25 and TCEDIT v25. So this issue may be caused by a change in Windows, rather than a change in Rex's code.

AnrDaemon may have the right of it. Microsoft may be trying to wean us from the bitmapped fonts.

And I see the same behavior in BDEBUGGER v25 and TCEDIT v25. So this issue may be caused by a change in Windows, rather than a change in Rex's code.

AnrDaemon may have the right of it. Microsoft may be trying to wean us from the bitmapped fonts.
You'd think they'd be smart enough to choose a monospaced one.

I have no problem selecting & using FixedSys (though I wouldn't *want* to -- it's a terrible font). What happens when you select it?
Yeah, FixedSys is not a beauty, but my first candidate for a fixed point or a monospaced font. If I select, it happens like Charles has it described

WAD - when you have global aliases & functions, and you do a SETLOCAL, they get converted to local aliases & functions (provided you didn't already have local aliases/functions). This isn't new; the new thing in v26 is that is shows the global & local lists separately.
This is ok so far, but why must the debugger also select the tab ? This is for me an unwanted behaviour.