- Certain reports are due on 1st and 15th of month.
- Certain preparations have to be done 1 business day before.
- The user needs a warning 2 business days before (i.e., "Need to prep tomorrow. Report due on 15th.)
- But if the 1st or 15th falls on a weekend the reports are sent the next business day. (E.g., report sent Monday 17th.)
- The warnings have to be on business days--a warning on Saturday the 15th won't be seen.
- "Business" day means Monday-Friday. The function wouldn't handle holidays.
- Reports might have to be filed on or before the 1st and 15th rather than the next business day after.
- January (e.g.) and February would cause problems--you can't just pop up on the 27th, 28th, etc., "1st of Month report due." Users would get annoyed having the "2 day" warning pop up for 4 days and some would start ignoring it.
On the other hand, if the 1st is a Monday, then having it pop up on the 27th might not have it seen for 4 days.