1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to my font?

Discussion in 'Support' started by vefatica, May 11, 2014.

1. vefatica

I'm not blaming TCMD but the before/after pics below show that the font I use in TCMD changed when I updated to build 48. A restart gets it back to normal. Does anyone have an idea how this can happen?
    terminal1.png
    terminal2.png

2. Steve Fabian

3. rconn

rconn Administrator
    Staff Member

That's a Windows dialog; you'll have to ask Microsoft. (But they'll probably just tell you not to use raster fonts!)

4. vefatica

I have asked on TechNet.

5. vefatica

This problem may be solved. It was suggested that I change the console's raster font from dosapp.fon to vgaoem.fon (a registry entry). I did that and all looks well. I'll have to wait days, weeks, ... (forever I hope) ... to see if the problem recurs. That change brought my number of raster font choices down to 4. But I still have my favorite. I've been looking at grey on black 8x12 ever since MSDOS and that's not about to change.

If you want to follow the thread on TechNet, go here.

6. Joe Caverly

I had a problem with fonts at one time, not really similar to yours, but my solution was to add the following lines to my 4start.btm file;
    Code:
    pushd
    cd C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local
    if exist FontCache*.dat del /w FontCache*.dat
    popd
    Clearing the Font Cache solved my font problems, and I have not had any problems since.

There is really no reason to continually clear the Font Cache, only if a problem occurs, but this process takes very little time to complete during the start of a TCC prompt. YMMV.

Joe